• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daryl
    • May 2004

They walk amongst us

Received via email:

They walk amongst us

I walked into a Blimpie’s with a buy-one-get-one-free coupon for a sandwich. I handed it to the girl and she looked over at a little chalkboard that said “buy one-get one free”. “They’re already buy-one-get-one-free”, she said, “so I guess they’re both free”.

She handed me my free sandwiches and I walked out the door.

====================

A friend of mine bought a new fridge for his house. To get rid of his old fridge, he put it in his front yard and hung a sign on it saying: “Free to good home. You want it, you take it.” For three days the fridge sat there without even one person looking twice at it. My friend decided that people were too untrusting of this deal. It looked too good to be true, so he changed the sign to read: “Fridge for sale $50.”

The next day someone stole it.

====================

One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when one of them shouted, “Look at that dead bird!” Someone looked up at the sky and said, “Where?”

====================

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn’t want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, “Does the sun rise in the north?”

When my brother explained that the sun rises in the east, and has for sometime, she shook her head and said, “Oh, I don’t keep up with that stuff.”

====================

I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, “The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.”

He responded, “Is that Eastern or Pacific time?” Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, “Uh, Pacific.”

====================

My colleague and I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria, when we overheard one of the administrative assistants talking about the sunburn she got on her weekend drive to the shore. She drove down in a convertible, but “didn’t think she’d get sunburned because the car was moving.”

====================

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.

====================

I was hanging out with a friend when we saw a woman with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain. My friend said, “Wouldn’t the chain rip out every time she turned her head?”

I explained that a person’s nose and ear remain the same distance apart no matter which way the head is turned.

====================

I couldn’t find my luggage at the airport baggage area, so I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. “Now,” she asked me, “has your plane arrived yet?”

====================

While working at a pizza parlor I observed a man ordering a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before
    responding.

“Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don’t think I’m hungry enough to eat 6 pieces.”

Yep, They Walk Among Us!
    Sometimes the old man passed out and left the am radio on so I got to hear the oldie songs and current event kind of things
  • jhart
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Ain't it the truth!!
    Joe
    "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

On my way to work last week there was one of the blinking arrows and a sign saying that the right lane was closed 3/4 mile ahead. There were two cars ahead of me, we were all in the left lane. As we were passing the sign, both cars moved into the right lane.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
        Bandsaw Box Momma
        • Apr 2005
        • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Hey some of those sound familiar, and I think some of those people just graduated from the college up here.

Just kidding but I think I have run into the first person at the sub place, although mine was working in a grocery store and gave me back an extra 10 dollar bill one time. I gave her a 5 for a purchase and she punched in 20 into the cash register and when I told her she gave me too much change she told me that what the register said was what I got back. I argued for a minute or so and when she insisted that she was right, I took the extra money and left. I figured she would be off when she went to go home, her fault not mine.
        Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• padboy
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2005
          • Roscommon, Michigan, USA.

They Walk Among Us

My favorite quote is from Homer Simpson(who taught me everythin I know about parenting): "Trying is the first step to failure."

Comment

• DUD
            Royal Jester
            • Dec 2002
            • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

It seems that a lot of times, I'm Married to one. Been Married all My Life, She told Me one time, I said I hope not. Bill
            5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• Richard in Smithville
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2006
              • On the TARDIS
              • BT 3100

A number of years ago, my sisters asked, "When's March break this year?"

And I recall my mother asking my dad, " When do they have Octoberfest?"
              From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• dkhoward
                • Dec 2003
                • Lubbock, Texas, USA.
                • bt3000

One of my university students after his first visit to the library stacks at the university library, "Wow, they got a lot of books in there!"
                Dennis K Howard
                www.geocities.com/dennishoward
                "An elephant is nothing more than a mouse built to government specifications." Robert A Heinlein

Comment

• MilDoc

"You can't fix stupid."

Comment

• docrowan
                    • Mar 2007
                    • New Albany, MS
                    • BT3100

Originally posted by Mrs. Wallnut
                    Just kidding but I think I have run into the first person at the sub place, although mine was working in a grocery store and gave me back an extra 10 dollar bill one time. I gave her a 5 for a purchase and she punched in 20 into the cash register and when I told her she gave me too much change she told me that what the register said was what I got back. I argued for a minute or so and when she insisted that she was right, I took the extra money and left. I figured she would be off when she went to go home, her fault not mine.
                    I had something similar happen at Popeye's. My order totaled something like 6 dollars and change, so I gave the cashier a 10. She gave me back 6 dollars and change. It took me a minute to understand what happened and I tried to explain it to her very gently, I wanted to give her time to see it for herself. She got kind of confused, and the manager bailed us both out - he took over the exchange and gave me a free drink to boot.
                    - Chris.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2005
                      • Independence, MO, USA.
                      • bt3100

They DRIVE amongst us

Went through the McDonald's drive through last night (breakfast at 9pm). Get to one about 3 times a year, I didn't figure it was hard to know what you want.

Evidently it must be difficult, because the woman in front of me changed her mind, and started to back up without looking. Then she thought the ENTIRE line would move back for her (8 cars long).
                      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• mater
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2004
                        • SC, USA.

I have met some of those.
                        Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• Crash2510
                          • Feb 2006
                          • North Central Ohio

my sisters fit the description of some of these

very funny
                          Phil In Ohio
                          The basement woodworker

Comment

Working...