Hank Is Everything Okay?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DUD
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 3309
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

    #1

    Hank Is Everything Okay?

    I don't know My Japanese geography so I don't know how close You were to the centerpoint. I hope You and the Family are doing allright. Bill
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.
  • leehljp
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • 8803
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

    #2
    Just fine here! Thanks for asking and thinking about us. Linda felt the quake but I was outside walking and didn't notice. We live about 300 miles from the epicenter.

    In 1995, we were about 25 miles from the epicenter of the 7.1 that killed 6000 in the Kobe area. That one was rough!
    Last edited by leehljp; 07-17-2007, 08:20 AM.
    Hank Lee

    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

    Comment

    • Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • 7091
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

      #3
      Been through a pretty big one in CA a few years back. Never want to do it again... Glad you and yours are OK.

      Comment

      • Ed62
        The Full Monte
        • Oct 2006
        • 6021
        • NW Indiana
        • BT3K

        #4
        When I heard about it, Hank was the first one I thought of. Glad everything is OK for them.

        Ed
        Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

        For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

        Comment

        • DUD
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • 3309
          • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

          #5
          Hank are You sure, news reports say Toyota has shut down. I guess it could be from lack of electricity. Bill
          5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

          Comment

          • leehljp
            The Full Monte
            • Dec 2002
            • 8803
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

            #6
            Originally posted by DUD
            Hank are You sure, news reports say Toyota has shut down. I guess it could be from lack of electricity. Bill
            That was probably a Toyota parts plants that shut down. On occasion, there is one plant that supplies parts that shuts down and it affects everything.

            A few years ago, a specialty glue factory caught fire and shut down for several months. Turns out that most all major chip production factories for different brands from throughout Japan depended on the glue factory and stopped all production.

            Their conundrum: Diversify through several plants for specific parts to prevent this, or put all the eggs into one plant for stricter quality control and production fluctuation controls.
            Last edited by leehljp; 07-18-2007, 06:00 PM.
            Hank Lee

            Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

            Comment

            Working...