• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeffG78
    Established Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
    • BT3100

30 was a bear. 28 was tricky, but straightforward. 33 was a good one. 14 is similar to 17.

30 was the last one for me. I did them all without help except for 31 in which I had to look up a term in Wikipedia.

PM me if you need any hints. I don't want to post answers yet.
    Last edited by JeffG78; 07-13-2007, 10:33 AM. Reason: Added content

Comment

• cgallery
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Milwaukee, WI
      • BT3K

Originally posted by JeffG78
      30 was a bear. 28 was tricky, but straightforward. 33 was a good one. 14 is similar to 17.

30 was the last one for me. I did them all without help except for 31 in which I had to look up a term in Wikipedia.

PM me if you need any hints. I don't want to post answers yet.
      I take exception with some of these. For example, pack of cards vs. deck of cards, and being in a team vs. being on a team.

Comment

• Alex Franke
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2007
        • Chapel Hill, NC
        • Ryobi BT3100

(no spoilers here, just a couple of mild hints)

I bet you a nickel this was written by someone in South Africa. I did pretty well but worked with a friend on the last half dozen or so. The only ones left when we quit were "P in SA" (how on Earth am I supposed to know that?!?) and "B to an O in C" (which was very nearly correct but I thought O was for Out). A co-worker cheated and found them online somewhere.

If you're still working through this here are a couple things that helped a LOT for me:

* Walk away from it for a while and when you come back fresh, a couple are likely to jump out at you (3 BM did this for me).
        * There are a few themes -- after the 66 answer, two others jumped right out at me -- very closely related.
        * Don't try them in a row. Skip around or group the ones with similarities together (e.g. those with "in a" or "of a", those that end in T, etc).

Great quiz! Thanks!!!
        online at http://www.theFrankes.com
        while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
        "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

Working...