Nearly losing control?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LCHIEN
    Super Moderator
    • Dec 2002
    • 22085
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

    #1

    Nearly losing control?

    Quote from the Houston Chronicle today:

    Witnesses said he was speeding when he changed lanes and nearly lost control, Houston police said. ********'s vehicle then crossed over into the left lane, hit the left curb, traveled several feet and went airborne over a walking trail. The vehicle then crashed into an embankment and flipped several times before stopping near a walking trail.

    if crossing a lane, hitting the opposite curb, traveling several hundred feet and going airborne, flipping over serveral times is "Nearly losing control", I'd sure hate to see what really losing control is...

    BTW, he was drunk.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • 2502
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

    #2
    He "lost control" when he got behind the wheel.
    Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

    Comment

    • cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • 15216
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

      #3
      What he nearly lost control of was the bottle he was holding.
      .

      Comment

      • gad5264
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2005
        • 1407
        • Columbus, Ohio, USA
        • BT3000/BT3100NIB

        #4
        Originally posted by Sam Conder
        He "lost control" when he got behind the wheel.
        That is OH SO TRUE and has to be said WAY TO OFTEN!
        Grant
        "GO Buckeyes"

        My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

        Comment

        • Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • 7091
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

          #5
          At least they didn't say "allegedly lost control..."

          Comment

          • mater
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • 4197
            • SC, USA.

            #6
            I agree. I would hate to see what they call losing control.
            Ken aka "mater"

            " People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

            Ken's Den

            Comment

            • lcm1947
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2004
              • 1490
              • Austin, Texas
              • BT 3100-1

              #7
              Yeah I'd pretty much say he lost control.
              May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

              Comment

              • scorrpio
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • 1566
                • Wayne, NJ, USA.

                #8
                It hardly applies here, but 'loss of control' is not always driver's fault. I had steering on a rental car quit on me at 75mph in the left lane, resulting in a rather nasty accident. I was sober and wide awake, weather was good, but at some point as I nudged the wheel a bit to follow the road curve, the car simply did not respond, going instead right into the concrete divider.

                But yeah, I kinda doubt mechanical failure was a factor here.

                Comment

                Working...