• Show
Clear All
  • Stytooner
    Roll Tide RIP Lee
    • Dec 2002
    • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
    • BT3100

Apologie.

Guys and gals, it disheartens me to apologize for the recent action I felt compelled to take. We had a member that was doing nothing productive.
    It has been said that this is a free forum. No! It is not free. You must be a contributing member. Verbally or monetarily. All members hold the same status. Members who choose to do the opposite or who do not contribute something at least geared toward the positive will not be tolerated.
    I may be overstepping my position somewhat, but I feel the latest troll incursion into this community has done a little damage. I think he successfully completed his mission. If anyone wants to send any comments about what took place, my email is publicly available. My apologies to the contributing members.
    Lee
  • Ken Massingale
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Liberty, SC, USA.
    • Ridgid TS3650

Thanks Lee, you done good, IMO.

Comment

• Crash2510
      • Feb 2006
      • North Central Ohio

Thanks lee you and others (including myself, sorry) just did the first thing that came to mind to protect our precious forum. It was as if we were protecting an attack on a child. It is nice to see that when it really comes down to the end, cooler heads prevail and "more adult" ways of dealing with things are pursued. I look forward to this little problem blowing over and ,what I really consider a group of friends, returning to normal.
      Phil In Ohio
      The basement woodworker

Comment

• smc331
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2003
        • Charlotte, NC, USA.
        • BT3100

Lee, Thank You - we tried gentle and not so gentle persuasion and reasoning - sometimes it just has to go all the way. All of you moderators and the rest of the BT3C Family did very well in dealing with this issue. Thank you all!
        Scott

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -- Frank Zappa

http://macbournes.com

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

I'd just like to say "Ditto..."

Comment

• MilDoc

Doesn't troll killing feel good? It should! Thanks!

Comment

• Hellrazor
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2003
              • Abyss, PA
              • Ridgid R4512

There is more than one way to skin a troll...

And if he is like most trolls, he will be back...

Comment

• ironhat
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2004
                • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Well, we're all glad it's back to normal. Someone pass me the walnut and a 1/4" Two Cherries... I've got stuff to build!

Chiz
                Blessings,
                Chiz

Comment

• Russianwolf
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
                  • One of them there Toy saws

I would also suggest that those that made comments towards the troll in other threads go back and edit them. It is well within our powers to make it as if it were never here.
                  Mike
                  Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• backpacker85
                    Established Member
                    • Sep 2006
                    • Dickson, TN
                    • BT3100-1

Try as I might, I can't see where any apology is necessary, either as an individual, or as an agent for the forum.

Thank you Lee.
                    Ken W.

Comment

• tedkitch
                      • Jul 2006
                      • NE Suburbs, Chicago
                      • Ryobi BT3100 What else is there?

I'm glad to see that the troll is gone. I really like the vibe of this forum. I'm learning all the time from everyone here and the diversity of the posts here is always entertaining.

Originally posted by Russianwolf
                      I would also suggest that those that made comments towards the troll in other threads go back and edit them. It is well within our powers to make it as if it were never here.
                      I don't know how to go back and delete the thread that I started. If someone were to explain it to me then I would be glad to do so.
                      Ted Kitch

Comment

• RodKirby
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
                        • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

Thank you Lee.
                        Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• cabinetman
                          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                          • Jun 2006
                          • So. Florida
                          • Delta

Originally posted by backpacker85
                          Try as I might, I can't see where any apology is necessary, either as an individual, or as an agent for the forum.

Thank you Lee.

This goes for me too. Rules are rules, and should be followed or be subject to the consequences. I'm surprised it went as far as it did.

Comment

• radhak
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2006
                            • Miramar, FL
                            • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Yippee!!!

Do not apologize. I had that cretin on ignore for too long to realize how bad he was; else I would have have demanded you act like you did. Being on ignore I was not reading his posts, and that put me in a 'blissfully unaware' state - not good.

One more thanks to you.
                            It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
                            - Aristotle

Comment

• Kerf
                              Established Member
                              • Feb 2006

Thank you Lee
                              It is sad that some people have so much anger inside, hopefully he'll realize that there are other ways to deal with his inner daemons, and he'll embrace the fact about needing help.
                              Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that! -Rocky Balboa-

Comment

Working...