• Show
Clear All
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

Mouse problem

I have a Logitech cordless, optical mouse. I've had it for over a year, and never had a problem till last night. When I don't move the mouse for a short time, maybe 20 seconds or so, it is froze up. But if I click with it, it becomes useable again. I first thought it did not have a good charge, but that's not the problem. Any ideas?

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/
  • Stytooner
    Roll Tide RIP Lee
    • Dec 2002
    • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
    • BT3100

Could be interference or electrical noise. Just move the receiver around to a different spot maybe a little closer or farther away.
    Lee

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Play with its balls. Clean them carefully, manipulate them until they roll smoothly and push them gently back into the cavity.

If that doesn't cause a reaction and reduce its frgidity, I don't know what will.

Whoops, you said it was an optical mouse?
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• gerti
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
        • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

Try to reset the mouse: turn the mouse of, and disconnect the receiver from USB and (if it has that) power. Then plug everything back in and turn the mouse back on. Helped on a finicky LogiTech wireless I owned.

Comment

• Wood_workur
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2005
          • Ohio
          • Ryobi bt3100-1

try pushing the little buttons on it to reset it. there should be one on the receiver, and one on the bottom of the mouse
          Alex

Comment

• Ed62
            The Full Monte
            • Oct 2006
            • NW Indiana
            • BT3K

Originally posted by Wood_workur
            try pushing the little buttons on it to reset it. there should be one on the receiver, and one on the bottom of the mouse
            That was the easiest suggestion, and it worked! Thanks for all the suggestions.

Ed
            Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Gary L
              Forum Newbie
              • Mar 2007
              • Forestburgh, NY
              • BT 3000 and Porter Cable

I have one too Ed with the same problem.

I have to switch channels every now and then to get it working smooth.
              On the bottom there is a button.

On another note, I have to buy batteires by the dozen to keep it running but do love the cordless ability.

Gary

Comment

• Hellrazor
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2003
                • Abyss, PA
                • Ridgid R4512

I have that issue here when its time to change the batteries....

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

Mine uses 2 AA batteries. I bought four NiMH rechargeable cells I devote to the mouse, two in the mouse and a pair I charge up after removing and for swapping next time in the mouse.

If I didn't use rechargeables, I don't think I could afford to keep that mouse.

It never fails, the mouse batteries always die as I'm checking out some babe on the internet and I can't clear the screen as my wife walks up...
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                  BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Gary L
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Mar 2007
                    • Forestburgh, NY
                    • BT 3000 and Porter Cable

= LCHIEN;276108]Mine uses 2 AA batteries. I bought four NiMH rechargeable cells I devote to the mouse, two in the mouse and a pair I charge up after removing and for swapping next time in the mouse.

If I didn't use rechargeables, I don't think I could afford to keep that mouse.
                    Agreed but still amazing!

Here we are discussing alternatives because the cost of feeding a mouse is outrageous!

Gary

Comment

• scorrpio
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2005
                      • Wayne, NJ, USA.

Don't most Logitech cordless come wth a charging stand? My diNovo set includes an MX900 mouse which has 3 leds indicating charge left. When down to one (every 3 weeks or so) I pop it onto its stand for the night and by morning it's fully charged.

Mouse on another PC is MS Explorer Wireless. That one runs on 2 AA batteries, but in the 3+ years I've had it I think I replaced them twice, and I use that mouse a lot.

Comment

• maxparot
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2004
                        • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
                        • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

Did the cat scare it?
                        Opinions are like gas;
                        I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

Working...