• Nov 2006
      • Idaho

63 more nerdy than i thought.

Comment

• Slik Geek
        • Dec 2006
        • Lake County, Illinois
        • Ryobi BT-3000

I scored an 83 - much higher than I expected. I guess I am a nerd in denial.

Later addition: I guess my choice of user name betrays my nerdiness.
        Last edited by Slik Geek; 06-02-2007, 05:40 PM. Reason: Irony of seeing my user name next to my post...

Comment

• twistsol
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
          • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Scored 93. My wife tells people neither computers nor accounting were nerdy enough for me so I do both ... I design accounting software.
          Chr's

Comment

• sparkeyjames
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Redford MI.
            • Craftsman 21829

96% for me. I think the answer hinges on about maybe 5 or 6 of those questions. The name the scientiest questions the SSH/Telnet and the operating system one will really raise your nerd level.

Comment

• gmack5
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

Nerd score......

I'm not sure what it means, but I scored a 51, for what it's worth.

I guess I'm nerdier than I thought I was! LOL
              Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
              Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
              George

Comment

• Otter
                • Nov 2003
                • Cumming, GA, USA.
                • Delta Left Tilt UniSaw

2% scored higher (more nerdy),
                0% scored the same, and
                98% scored lower (less nerdy).
                What does this mean? Your nerdiness is:

All hail the monstrous nerd. You are by far the SUPREME NERD GOD!!!

were ther any doubts
                Last edited by Otter; 06-03-2007, 07:34 AM.
                All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible

T.E. Lawrence

Comment

• dramey
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Oct 2005
                  • Soldotna, AK, USA.

I scored an 85%

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                    The Full Monte
                    • May 2007
                    • Sunshine State
                    • BT3000

90% for me. I didn't think I was that far gone...

Comment

• TheRic
                      • Jun 2004
                      • West Central Ohio
                      • bt3100

There a several questions I wonder how it matters (higher or lower score) like your OS, Browser, Age pop to mind.
                      Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2005
                        • Independence, MO, USA.
                        • bt3100

Originally posted by TheRic

There a several questions I wonder how it matters (higher or lower score) like your OS, Browser, Age pop to mind.

I think woodworking has helped drop mine, to 75.
                        As for age, if your in GenX for example, your more apt to be a geek (grew up with video games and the pc (personal computer, NOT incorrect Windows reference).
                        OS and browser something similar. If you don't understand computers, your bound to use only what is in front of you (statistically Windows, and IE) and also bound to have more problems, as you can't fix them (without throwing money at it), so you wait till they build up.

I have always been EXPECTED to be a higher, geek/nerd for several reasons. So I always kinda revolted against it.
                        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• drumpriest
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2004
                          • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
                          • Powermatic PM 2000

Yeah, I suppose that I take some exception to the "which os" question. I don't see that Linux is inherently nerdier than Windows or Mac OS. I suppose it depends upon your definition of a nerd though.

I develop on windows, the target platform is often windows. I scored high, and as a game developer, I'd expect to score high. I'm probably not 99% or so because I'm not a Linux guy. It seems that somehow being a database guy or web guys is not nerdier than a graphics programmer. Not sure when that happened.
                          Keith Z. Leonard
                          Go Steelers!

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2005
                            • Independence, MO, USA.
                            • bt3100

It is a general quiz after all and geeks do vary by area.

My BiL is a gaming geek (used to play with a fellow votecher by the name of John Carmack), but can't fix his pc, without being walked through.
                            My brother, used to program in machine language for fun, and did some programming for the school for which he was offered credits or cash. (no they won't let you graduate as a sophmore, even though you have enough credits, tells you he took the wrong one). But He is afraid he is going to screw something up, when he opens his pc.
                            I grew up, being expected to follow in his footsteps by the school, yet understanding more the electronic side of things. Software was those punch cards dad brought home from IBM and telneting, makes me remember getting those hacked games via a 300 baud modem on an Atari 800. If I need to do something, I will learn it (like when I had to set up Samba), but Linux is stable enough, and has enough techie software to interest me (without me having to program it).

I'd have an issue more with Friday nights (some of us work odd hours), and the magazines part (why spend the money, when I have a Library less then a mile away?).
                            I never got to finish college, due to working full time, going to school full time (had to switch that due to) and dealing with Hospice and a dying relative. Now I am five years away from having no mortgage, and am considering going back. (never understood why divorced parents have to pay for the kids college, when married ones don't, your on your own at 18).
                            She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• MilDoc

Originally posted by drumpriest
                              I don't see that Linux is inherently nerdier than Windows or Mac OS.
                              Really? Linux, despite the newer versions, is much harder to install. You need to know a lot to get it done right. Especially if you are instaling on a WinPC to do a dual-boot system.

Comment

• scorrpio
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 2005
                                • Wayne, NJ, USA.

Gave me a 96%, which is weird. I guess some answers weigh in a lot more than others cause many of my answers were definitely on the 'less nerdy' side. I expected a 70 at most.

Comment

Working...