X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hermit
    Established Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Somerset, PA, USA.

How did we survive before? Thats my whole problem with the cell phenomenon. I am basically sick and tired of the rudeness involved with them. I work in a drugstore, and I can't tell you how many times people have come up to my counter, expecting me to wait on them, while they are carrying on a conversation with someone else! I started ignoring them until they were done, figuring they would get the hint, but that didn't pan out, with our narcissistic world now. So, now I simply wait on them, and ask every question under the sun while they are talking! I figure if you're rude enough to talk to someone while talking to me, I can do the same.

Besides the rudeness factor, did you know that no one can make a decision anymore. If a customer asks for Tylenol, I show them the 50 count and 100 count bottle. If they are getting it for someone else, they have to call and find out which one they should get! This is getting ridiculous. Make a decision ........... take a chance for crying out loud. Or......... something like Mylanta ......... should I get cherry or grape? Geez, I can't do this on my own, I better call and find out!

And as for needing a cell phone in case of emergency, I kinda figure someone will have one if I need it!!

Todd. End of rant. Can you tell I have a pet peeve?

Comment

• germdoc
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Omaha, NE
      • BT3000--the gray ghost

Re' cellphones--the thing I hate is that I'm "available" all the time. No more, "I wasn't near a phone" excuse.

Now, re' honeybees--see following articles. Interestingly, 1/3 of all foods we eat are apparently pollinated by honeybees, so this isn't a trivial problem. Bees and honey are a big industry in WI.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...NGK7PFOMS1.DTL

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/27/bu...7b8977&ei=5088

I don't know if cellphones are a cause, I'm a little skeptical. I'm always quick to blame modern agricultural practices which might allow an infection to get introduced in a widespread fashion, like E. coli 0:157 among beef or Salmonella among chickens.
      Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

Working...