• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

***Bounce It***

Things You Should Know About "Bounce." Bounce -- Who knew? And all this time I've just been putting Bounce in the dryer.

1. It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them.

2. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too often.

3. Repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.

4. Eliminates static electricity from your television screen. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.

5. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.

6. Freshen the air in your home. Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.

7. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.

8. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.

9. Freshen the air in your car. Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.

10. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The antistatic agent apparently weakens the bond between the food.

11. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.

12. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.

13. Eliminate static electricity from venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.

14. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.

15. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.

16. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.

17. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.
  • Deadhead
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Maidens, Virginia, USA.
    • BT3100

Are Bounce brand fabric softener sheets effective for a variety of household uses?
    "Success is gettin' what you want; Happiness is wantin' what you get." - Brother Dave Gardner (1926-1983)

Comment

• whitecobra
      Established Member
      • Aug 2006
      • 3 Miles from Disney in Orlando
      • BT3K with most accessories

If you live here in Florida where we get the semiannual "Love Bug" infestations the Bounce sheets soaked in water works GREAT to remove them from the front of your vehicle

We tried for years to find something that worked well on our motor coach and a fellow RVer told us to try them on our rig. They work well

Soak them in water then rub them on the area rinse and done. No damage to the wax and a nice job. For those of you who don't know what they are these bugs are amazing they are like sheets of bugs we get them twice a year they last a few weeks then done but when they smash against your vehicle they are a BEAR to get off

Dr D
      Newest site to learn woodworking, DIY and Home Renovation.
      www.onlineshopclass.com built by woodworkers for woodworkers and supported by the industry so everyone wins

If you are in the Orlando area contact me lets get together and talk saw dust (or food or anything else you like except sports)

My wife and I are National Food Judges so we CAN talk food with the best.

Dr Dave

Comment

• Black wallnut
        cycling to health
        • Jan 2003
        • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
        • BT3k 1999

A used dryer sheet added to a tumbler with dirty brass will attract powder residue and dust, prolonging the usefullness of your tumbling media.
        Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by whitecobra
          If you live here in Florida where we get the semiannual "Love Bug" infestations the Bounce sheets soaked in water works GREAT to remove them from the front of your vehicle

We tried for years to find something that worked well on our motor coach and a fellow RVer told us to try them on our rig. They work well

Soak them in water then rub them on the area rinse and done. No damage to the wax and a nice job. For those of you who don't know what they are these bugs are amazing they are like sheets of bugs we get them twice a year they last a few weeks then done but when they smash against your vehicle they are a BEAR to get off

Dr D
          Better than WD-40, Dave????

And Snopes:
          14. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
          Did not Test

That's the only thing I could have used it for...
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cgallery
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2004
            • Milwaukee, WI
            • BT3K

Someone explain why my dog (black lab) loves to eat these (Bounce sheets) so much. My wife does her best to discard used ones in the garbage. But every once in a while he will get ahold of one and we don't find out until he passes it. I can report that they seem to hold up to a black lab's digestive system pretty well, passing mostly intack (sorry for the graphics).

I don't get it. He seems to crave them.

Comment

• JSCOOK
              • Sep 2006
              • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
              • Ryobi BT3100-1

Lots of our customers use them to wipe the insides of paper recylce bins/containes to stop paper sheets from sticking to the side from the pastic static of the bins ...
              "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn". by C.S. Lewis

Comment

• cabinetman
                Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                • Jun 2006
                • So. Florida
                • Delta

Originally posted by cgallery
                Someone explain why my dog (black lab) loves to eat these (Bounce sheets) so much. My wife does her best to discard used ones in the garbage. But every once in a while he will get ahold of one and we don't find out until he passes it. I can report that they seem to hold up to a black lab's digestive system pretty well, passing mostly intack (sorry for the graphics).

I don't get it. He seems to crave them.
                The answer is simple, he doesn't want his poop to stink.

Comment

• whitecobra
                  Established Member
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 3 Miles from Disney in Orlando
                  • BT3K with most accessories

Loring
                  The WD-40 rips the wax off
                  I use that allot but if you have a good wax or a nice professional finishing job done the WD product all but eliminates it

Dr D
                  Newest site to learn woodworking, DIY and Home Renovation.
                  www.onlineshopclass.com built by woodworkers for woodworkers and supported by the industry so everyone wins

If you are in the Orlando area contact me lets get together and talk saw dust (or food or anything else you like except sports)

My wife and I are National Food Judges so we CAN talk food with the best.

Dr Dave

Comment

Working...