Anyone interested in a job making a chessboard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Alex Franke
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 2641
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Ryobi BT3100

    #1

    Anyone interested in a job making a chessboard?

    Hi all,

    Someone ran across the "How to Build a Chessboard" tutorial on my site and wrote to me asking for the cost and timeframe to build another custom board, about 1-foot square. She wants to purchase the board and then put it up on a fundraising auction for a school.

    I don't have the time right now for this project, but if any of you are intersted, please let me know and I can forward your contact info along...

    Thanks!
    Alex
    online at http://www.theFrankes.com
    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates
  • final_t
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • 1626
    • .

    #2
    I recently completed one for a co-worker to match the hand-carved pieces he's had for a while - didn't use your tutorial, tho! Walnut & maple, hickory trim - he didn't want a miter joint for some reason.

    Send her this link and if she thinks it's worthy, let me know via PM.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...t/DSC00787.jpg

    Comment

    • Tundra_Man
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2003
      • 1589
      • Sioux Falls, SD, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3100

      #3
      Originally posted by Alex Franke
      Hi all,

      Someone ran across the "How to Build a Chessboard" tutorial on my site and wrote to me asking for the cost and timeframe to build another custom board, about 1-foot square. She wants to purchase the board and then put it up on a fundraising auction for a school.

      I don't have the time right now for this project, but if any of you are intersted, please let me know and I can forward your contact info along...

      Thanks!
      Alex
      I'm not interested in building a new one, but I do have this one I'd be willing to sell:


      Maple and mahogany. It's a little larger than what she had in mind, but there'd be no waiting!

      More pictures and info available at http://www.tundraman.com/archive/Don...hessboard2.CFM
      Terry

      Life's too short to play an ordinary guitar: Tundra Man Custom Guitars

      Comment

      • LCHIEN
        Super Moderator
        • Dec 2002
        • 22084
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

        #4
        what is that Terry, 1-3/4" squares?
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

        Comment

        • Alex Franke
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2007
          • 2641
          • Chapel Hill, NC
          • Ryobi BT3100

          #5
          Thanks, Terry -- I'll forward along the link and see if she's interested.

          Did you have a price in mind?
          online at http://www.theFrankes.com
          while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
          "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

          Comment

          Working...