Pick a penny

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Stytooner
    Roll Tide RIP Lee
    • Dec 2002
    • 4301
    • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
    • BT3100

    #16
    My initial gut feeling is what I was taught to pick when given multiple choice. That generally pays off. I had a Math teacher that taught us all how to do basic math in our heads. Once you get used to multiplying, adding and so on, usually the first figure you come up with is right. It takes a little practice and the ability to get your first thought of course, but that works very well for me. He was one of my better teachers. I had him for forth period math class for 55 minute long sessions in the 9th grade. He was 6'2" tall, but I cannot remember his name.
    Lee

    Comment

    • scorrpio
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • 1566
      • Wayne, NJ, USA.

      #17
      Well, I remembered that 'In God we Trust' is above Lincoln, 'Liberty' is behind him and year is in front.

      But I never can remember which way Lincoln is facing.

      Hence my first choice, I picked a 'mirror image' coin.

      Comment

      • linear
        Senior Member
        • May 2004
        • 612
        • DeSoto, KS, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3100

        #18
        Got it quickly, but that's from years manning the till. I would buy out any old coins or bills that came in, which happened pretty frequently. When a kid comes in and pays you for something with a roll of Mercury dimes, you know things ain't exactly on the level, but hey, legal tender. The interesting ones were the silver certificates and gold certificates that occasionally surfaced. Nobody ever passed me a Canadian bill, but I have a bunch of Canadian change.

        I can spot a counterfeit at ten yards.
        --Rob

        sigpic

        Comment

        Working...