Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

Anna Nicole Smith Dead at 39

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070208/...a_nicole_smith

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ses/index.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,250974,00.html

Last edited by Stormbringer; 02-08-2007, 05:11 PM.
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

This story is really sad. She was such a troubled person.

Inside reports state that Howard K Stern (husband lawyer) was in the room at the time this occured.

Comment

• Howard
      Established Member
      • Jan 2006
      • Plano, Tx.
      • Laguna Platinum Series - sold my BT!

you wonder if she was really as ditzy as she appeared. Now the real fight begins with paternety of her baby. Going to be interesting.
      Howard, the Plano BT3'r.

Confucious say, "Man who get too big for britches will be exposed in the end."

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."
      - Mark Twain

Comment

• dkhoward
        • Dec 2003
        • Lubbock, Texas, USA.
        • bt3000

beautiful woman, tragic end to a troubled life. Never like to hear such bad news. I feel sorry for that baby.
        Dennis K Howard
        www.geocities.com/dennishoward
        "An elephant is nothing more than a mouse built to government specifications." Robert A Heinlein

Comment

• crokett
          The Full Monte
          • Jan 2003
          • Mebane, NC, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

Yes, tragic end to a troubled life. Also Howard K Stern was listed as her companion, not her husband in the reports I read.
          David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• 68KANE
            Established Member
            • Jan 2005
            • Atlanta, Georgia.

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
            Inside reports state that Howard K Stern (husband lawyer) was in the room at the time this occured.

Just as he was when her son died. Sounds like you don't want to be hanging out with this guy; especially if your death may lead to his profit.
            What's her's is her's and what's mine is her's!

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2005
              • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by crokett
              Yes, tragic end to a troubled life. Also Howard K Stern was listed as her companion, not her husband in the reports I read.
              Howard K Stern is her husband. He is also a lawyer.

Note : This is NOT THE Howard Stern radio guy!

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2005
                • Independence, MO, USA.
                • bt3100

Several reports I saw tonight questioned whether the mariage was legal in the US. Now that may not matter as her residence was now elsewhere.
                Now there's going to be the three legal battles
                The first for the kid.
                The second for the rights to her name and likeness
                And the third for the still fought for inheritance.
                She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• os1kne
                  • Jan 2003
                  • Atlanta, GA
                  • BT3100

If I recall correctly, the husband that died made a will a couple of months after he married Anna Nicole - this will left everything to his son. AN states that he VERBALLY said that he would give her 1/2 of his estate. He never changed his will to indicate this. I'm curious to see the outcome of the case, as it would seem to be difficult for the courts to rule that a verbal agreement would trump a relatively recent will.

Now that she has passed it will probably be an even tougher case for her estate. Coincidentally, her husband's son died last year - so now his widow will be battling her estate.

It is tragic that she has been through so much, and I really feel for the baby.
                  Bill

Comment

• Mar 2004
                    • Northern NJ, USA.
                    • BT3100

Can't cut out the wife, usually.

Yeah, I think the old rich dude did leave a will that didn't have her in it. But I thought it was outdated, not recent before his demise. Well, anyway, in America usually you can't cut out the spouse or kids. They can declare an elective share, as I understand it, where by statutory law the wife can claim like 35% or 50% of the estate regardless of a will. This elective share was twofold in purpose: one so that husbands didn't cut out wives and leave them on the dole (usually at an old age), think forced welfare subsidy by the estate, and second was so that the wife didn't have her whole estate eaten up by the dead guys' debts. That is, a dead person's debts must be settled before the will can be probated. If the wife took only under the will, then sometimes the whole estate eaten by debt. So, by taking outside of the will, she may take free and clear, although as being married often most debts are joint anyway, but not always. I'm not too sure about this second theory behind the elective share, but think so. I think the elective share also works for kids, where if dad leaves all to wife, wife remarries to young stud and tried to leave all to young stud, kids can claim elective chare of like up to 25% or something. Again, not sure, but think elective share is applicable to spouses and direct kids.

Anyway, I didn't know she was married. I thought people around her were dying for the old fashioned cause of money, which might not be as true if she were married. See, if or when she got the old rich guy's payout, she was worth $300million or whatever. Since she was unmarried, her only heir was her son. An adult son, who could take all on hiw own, as an adult. But, interestingly, once her daughter was born her son suddenly died. Which makes her daughter the only heir of AnnaNicoleSmith, and kids under 18 cannot take money, they have to live off a trust, which means someone administers the trust in the "best interersts" of the kid should Anna die. And the paternity of her daughter is up in the heir with two guys claiming fatherhood. 50-50 chance of being the father to a very rich girl if mommie dies. And low and behold, mommie dies! Right around, I thought, when we were getting near knowing the paternity of the daughter. Now, whomever is the father would likely act as trustee to a very rich kid's inheritance. Of course, the money ain't poppie's, but he would control the trust as father to the rich girl. And of course, any trustee to a very rich girl would make sure the rich girl lived in a very nice home with, say, extra bedrooms for poppie and his girlfriend, plus likely a beach house for the tyke, of course with extra rooms, and little tyke needs to get around, so she;ll need several cars with cheauffers, maybe even a porsche, and on and on and on.

Look, I don't know if this is what happened, but people have died for a lot less. Plus it is easy when your intended victims are already coke (or etc.) addicted druggies. Maybe they were not "killed" but rather "assisted" in suicide: "Honey, I'm going out for several hours, on the table is a mound of coke, help yerself, don't worry about a thing, you don't need to go out or anything, just stay here, watch tv and enjoy, we'll have dinner sent up, I'll back by midnight...."

or not?

curt j.
                    A Man is incomplete until he gets married ... then he's FINISHED!!!

Comment

• scott213
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Oct 2006

I really thought this was a woodworkign forum. But now I don't know.

Pro 1:7
                      The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
                      But fools despise wisdom and instruction.
                      Pro 1:22
                      "How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?
                      For scorners delight in their scorning,
                      And fools hate knowledge.

Comment

• Sam Conder
                        Woodworker Once More
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Midway, KY
                        • Delta 36-725T2

Originally posted by scott213
                        I really thought this was a woodworkign forum. But now I don't know.

Pro 1:7
                        The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
                        But fools despise wisdom and instruction.
                        Pro 1:22
                        "How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?
                        For scorners delight in their scorning,
                        And fools hate knowledge.
                        Actually, this forum is for almost any topic. The forum description reads:

This forum is for any topic that you would normally talk about at the office "around the coffee pot". Jokes, tall tales, and true stories are welcome as long as they are clean and in good taste. I only ask that you steer away from topics on religion or politics. Go ahead and pull up a chair and pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the conversation.
                        However, there are a couple of signatures that are "on the line" of violating the request to "...steer away from topics on religion or politics."

Sam Conder
                        BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2005
                          • Independence, MO, USA.
                          • bt3100

Wonder what the odds that the trimspa lawsuit, is going to make more news. Something along the lines of diet aids cause of death.
                          She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• JoeyGee
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2005
                            • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                            • BT3100-1

I can't believe the media on this story. It was bad enough when Entertainment Tonight covered her non stop, now the "real" media has gone overboard. My local station had a woman on the "news" today that was an ANS lookalike--no, not one that has been paid for it, a woman that sent her picture to Trimspa when they were looking for lookalikes. WHY?!?!? They interviewed her for her "insights" into the story.

The same station cut to commercial, and first up was their own promo on a story on local couples adopting children from overseas and the troubles they are having. Is this story going to be on Friday during the 6:00 news? NOPE, its going to be buried on SUNDAY NIGHT at 11:00.

I thought I had lost faith in the media before, but they keep digging.
                            Joe

Comment

• LCHIEN
                              Internet Fact Checker
                              • Dec 2002
                              • Katy, TX, USA.
                              • BT3000 vintage 1999

The public fascination with this woman is amazing.
                              Individually, its not the body, the up and down diet, the money, the men, or the certainly not the acting.
                              Its the Greek tragedy aspect.
                              Loring in Katy, TX USA
                              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...