• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs. Wallnut
    Bandsaw Box Momma
    • Apr 2005
    • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

NASCAR is back!!!!!!

For those of you that are Nascar fans, I am one, the first race which is the Bud ShootOut is 2-10 at 8 p.m. est.

I can't wait. Then the Duels are 2-15 and then the big race is on 2-18. And yes most everything stops around here when the races are on.

Guess I need to start cleaning now so that I can sit and watch without feeling guilty about not having the house work done.

CAN YOU TELL I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!
    Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).
  • mikel
    Established Member
    • Jul 2006
    • philadelphia
    • bt 3100

Can't wait... we have been needed some racing around here...

Go Jr. # 8

...mikel

Comment

• TheRic
      • Jun 2004
      • West Central Ohio
      • bt3100

Jimmie is going to repeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my brothers are into NASCAR, we go down to Bristol for the Spring Race every year. All three of us like different drivers, so it gets FUN during the season, and after some races especially
      Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• charger1966
        Established Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Amsterdam, New York
        • Shopsmith 10ER (1948),BT3100 New to me January 2007

Get Real,
        The only way He can repeat is if he CHEATS at every race. That's the way he did it last season.
        Kasey Kaine is going to do it this year in a hard CHARGING Dodge CHARGER.
        Just wait and see. Besides Kasey never CHEATS he just outright wins with great driving and very FAST CARS.

Lance

Comment

• DUD
          Royal Jester
          • Dec 2002
          • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

Melissa, I too am ready for the season. Ric, I also go to the Spring Race at Bristol I sit 31 rows up at the start of turn 1. Bill
          5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• TheRic
            • Jun 2004
            • West Central Ohio
            • bt3100

Originally posted by charger1966
            ....Kasey Kaine is going to do it this year in a hard CHARGING Dodge CHARGER.....
            But he will only be Average in the Dodge Avenger
            Have to say I was rooting for him to make the chase, didn't think he was going to for while.

Originally posted by DUD
            ..... Ric, I also go to the Spring Race at Bristol I sit 31 rows up at the start of turn 1. Bill
            Bill we sit in the middle of the back stretch, 12 rows up, or turn 4 top row. Yea, we got to different sets of tickets . We sit in one, sell the others off. We head done Saturday AM, take in the stuff around the track. Then we got Sunday for the Race, and anything we missed or want to double check on the outside.
            Ric

Comment

• gad5264
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2005
              • Columbus, Ohio, USA
              • BT3000/BT3100NIB

How do some of you feel about the new Toyota teams this year?

I for one am anxious to see if this leads to better competition?

Thoughts on the "Car Of Tomorrow?"
              Grant
              "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

Comment

• TheRic
                • Jun 2004
                • West Central Ohio
                • bt3100

COT:
                This is going to through a BIG monkey wench in the works for most of the teams this year. I can see the following in the first several races with the COT.

10% Blown out during the race
                50% Holding their own
                20% Doing good
                20% Dominating

First race is at Bristol, so it might be hard to see much difference. It's hard to really dominate / break away at that track. After a few races, and few "secrets" getting out you will start seeing it equalize more. Don't be surprised if you see some stars at the bottom, and some no-names at the top.

Overall I can see the COT helping, will take a few years. Let's call a spade a spade. The cars have not been "stock" for a long time, why not make them all the same (the last 2%). Instead of having to have several different templates for each brand, they can cut back on that. Mechanics / engineers can easily move from teams to teams. New teams can come in, grab a few people from here and there and get going with out having to re-invent the wheel.
                Ric

Comment

• Richard in Smithville
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2006
                  • On the TARDIS
                  • BT 3100

Ricky Rudd has logged in more miles in the COT so best to watch him in the earlier COT races. It will be nice to see Rudd back turning some laps. Lets hope he gets the backing that he deserves; not treated as the second car in the team.

Oh yeah.......GO KENSETH!
                  From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 2005
                    • IL, USA.
                    • DELTA 36-675

JUAN PABLO MONTOYA
                    All the way!
                    Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• JSUPreston
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2005
                      • Montgomery, AL.
                      • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Ric, I can't tell you what body parts I'd be willing to give up for a weekend at Bristol. However, I do get the Busch race at Talladega for free, since I'm a Den Leader in my son's Cub Scout Pack. I'd love to make it to Martinsville as well. Superspeedway isn't that exciting ('cept the wrecks). Short tracks are where the real driving is at.

When I lived in Talladega, I'd get in free to all the races, since my scout troop was the one that always raised the flag. I remember actually leaving one weekend with a fender from (we believe) Red Farmer's car.

Lots of stories about what a gracious man Petty is, and what a bunch of snobs the Allison family could be. Didn't happen to me personally, but did to the leader.

Back to NASCAR, I'll be watching tonight. Been having withdrawals since November. Interested in seeing what COT and Toyota will actually do...tired of the speculation.
                      "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                        Bandsaw Box Momma
                        • Apr 2005
                        • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

From watching the Speed channel most of yesterday and this morning I am seeing that the Toyotas are holding their own on times around the track. Will be interesting to see what they do in qualifying and during the ShootOut and the Duels.

The COT is going to debut in Bristol so that will be interesting to see how it handles that track for sure.
                        Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• Whaler
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2002
                          • Sequim, WA, USA.
                          • DW746

I am more than ready for the racing season to start.
                          It will be intereting to see how well Toyota will do as well as Montoya.
                          Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• lrogers
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Mobile, AL. USA.
                            • BT3000

Going to hard getting use to seeing Mark in the 01 car and a Chevy.
                            Toyota's debue wasn't that impressive, but I'm sure they will work it out. Anyone else think it looked like a Taurus?
                            As for the CAR-OF-TOMORROW, tomorrow is almost here so we will just have to get used to it. IF (and that's the big word) they can get the cars equal, then we will really see who the best drivers are.
                            Larry R. Rogers
                            The Samurai Wood Butcher
                            http://splash54.multiply.com
                            http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

Comment

Working...