Ever drop anything down the sink or toilet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

Ever drop anything down the sink or toilet?

This afternoon, after reading the latest edition of American Woodworker for 20 minutes while on the terlit, I get up and accidentally knocked the mag into a bowl full of my business . I made a valiant stab at it to try to save it but it fell from my grasps off the vanity, banked off the seat, and into the bowl. I gingerly fished the mag out using it's one dry corner and deposited it into the trash. Looks like I'll be picking up another copy at the newstand since I only got through the first few pages.

So anybody else ever drop something down a drain or into the toilet? Make me feel better.

Greg
  • Tom Slick
    Veteran Member
    • May 2005
    • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
    • sears BT3 clone

a buddy of mine is a mechanic at an airline. a flight attendant dropped her phone down the toilet in flight. a the end of the flight she asked if they could fish it out. apparently one guy was going to be a hero and fish it out and worked at it for 30 mins or so. once he dug it out my buddy asked "now what are you going to do with it? it's covered in $h!T." once that dawned on the attendant she didn't want it back. he went from hero to zero in 30 mins!!
    We have also had a lady at work flush her only $300 key/fob to her mercedes down the toilet. she also had to have the car towed to the dealer to have the key/car programmed!!
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• JTimmons
      • Feb 2005
      • Denver, CO.
      • Grizzly 1023SLX, Ryobi BT3100

Can't say I have dropped a mag yet in there (knock on wood), but I have dropped a roll of TP in there. You got no choice, but to go in after it and it becomes 5 lbs. heavier w/ your buisness. Rubber gloved it, but still not something I look forward to.

Used to work for a cellular phone provider and I would often get calls from customers wanting to know if their phone would still work after being dropped in there. My response was, "do you really want to try it and if it works would feel comfortable using it after that?" I didn't have a single yes answer to either question.
      "Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill."
      -- Johnny Carson

Comment

• sbd1
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2006
        • Wyoming,Ohio
        • Bt3100

A year back my 5 year old son thought the toilet was an excellent place to play. Daddy got to be a real pro at resetting toilets.

Comment

• 68KANE
          Established Member
          • Jan 2005
          • Atlanta, Georgia.

I've dropped a cellphone in the toilet once but luckily not with any 'material'. I was able to take it apart, blow dry it and it still worked despite having crappy reception after that.
          What's her's is her's and what's mine is her's!

Comment

• Popeye
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2003
            • Woodbine, Ga
            • Grizzly 1023SL

A large ham bone slice once proved to be "unremovable", (probably not a word) Dog didn't put it there. "Mr. I dunno" must have done it. That was the first toilet I had to replace. Mr. I dunno is now 30 BTW and has his own toilets to worry about. Pat
            Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• scorrpio
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • Wayne, NJ, USA.

I must be thankful to my wise wife who taught me that talking to people on the phone while 'on the throne' is impolite.

I also remember seeing this notice in a toilet:
              "Dear visitors. Please refrain from reading while on the toilet. It prolongs defecation and contributes to development of hemorrhoids."

I am still scared to read while 'on it'.

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                Bandsaw Box Momma
                • Apr 2005
                • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

I have never dropped anything in the toilet but I have dropped a pair of earrings down the bathroom sink. Mark had to take the drain apart to get it out.

I worked in a jewelry store last year and we had a gut bring in a watch he said it was supposed to be water resistant but it didn't work after getting wet. Well come to find out he had dropped it in the toilet and he didn't realize it. It was only a cheap watch but once the jeweler found out it had been in the toilet then he said there was nothing he could do.
                Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• crokett
                  The Full Monte
                  • Jan 2003
                  • Mebane, NC, USA.
                  • Ryobi BT3000

I dropped my razor in the toilet once. I went and bought a new razor.
                  I've dropped a roll of toilet paper in there, the problem being that it was while I was changing a roll when I really needed it.
                  David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Tundra_Man
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2003
                    • Sioux Falls, SD, USA.
                    • Ryobi BT3100

I dropped my wedding ring into a dirtly public urinal once. The worst part was, it was one of those "auto flushers", so I couldn't go get anything to fish it out as if I walked away it would be gone. I just had to grit my teeth and fish it out with my hand. I washed my hand (and the ring) for about 15 minutes after that.
                    Terry

Life's too short to play an ordinary guitar: Tundra Man Custom Guitars

Comment

• ironhat
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2004
                      • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                      • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

When I was in my early teens I used to get up at 4:30 and deliver newpapers (could you see that happening now? - too risky!). While standing at the toilet I saw Dad's denture container and fished out the teeth to get a look at the ole choppers. Yea, dropped them right in. I yanked them out and washed them in hand soap and plunked them back into the Polident. I didn't tell him until I was about 30 yrs old and he about choked. Then, we had a laugh. I miss him.
                      Later,
                      Chiz
                      Last edited by ironhat; 01-29-2007, 05:42 PM. Reason: spelling
                      Blessings,
                      Chiz

Comment

• mschrank
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2004
                        • Hood River, OR, USA.
                        • BT3000

Originally posted by Stormbringer
                        This afternoon, after reading the latest edition of American Woodworker for 20 minutes while on the terlit, ........ I only got through the first few pages.

So anybody else ever drop something down a drain or into the toilet? Make me feel better.

Greg
                        Not sure this will make you feel better...I'm wondering why it took you 20 minutes to get through the first few pages??
                        Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• MilDoc

Oh yeah. Comb. Brush. Toothbrush. All replaced. Glasses once when there was just water in there. LOML dropped her engagement ring down the kitchen sink (luckily not the disposal). Had to take it apart to retrieve.

And my cat just loves to put his toy mice in the toilet, and he even knows how to do it with the seat down! Always have to look first, do later!

Comment

• backpacker85
                            Established Member
                            • Sep 2006
                            • Dickson, TN
                            • BT3100-1

In our house the sink drains have seen rings, earrings, toys and contact lenses. The toilet has also seen its share of toilet paper rolls, magazines, toys, etc.

But let me tell you......a Port-A-Potty out on a job site.....well, let's just say be sure to close the lid before you pull up your drawers if you have anything in a back pocket that may fall out. Talk about "fishing something out" (DAMHIKT)
                            Ken W.

Comment

• WoodButcher26
                              Established Member
                              • Mar 2006
                              • Dayton, OH

LOML knocked her keys off the counter into the toilet while on vacation at my parents. It was flushing at the time, and they went right down. About three years after that, my Mom offered them back to us after a plumber had to take out the main drain line several yards from the house and found them inside. For some reason, we declined...

Kim
                              Measure it with a micrometer...
                              Mark it with a crayon...
                              Cut it with a chain saw!

Wood Butcher

Comment

Working...