• Show
Clear All
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

Oh Boy!

Obviously, this didn't belong in the "Tool" forum. My daughter bought her husband a Black and Decker "Auto Clamp". You know, the one that is battery operated. He is not a woodworker, but she thought it was a cool tool, so he got it. He told her he wouldn't use it, so guess who wound up with it! Yeah, you got it right. Maybe sometime in the next 6 months or so, I'll find a use for it. Who knows?

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/
  • messmaker
    Veteran Member
    • May 2004
    • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
    • Ridgid 2424

I might be the only person in America that thinks I could find a use for it. I think I want one.
    spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

• T-Bone
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2004
      • Helena, MT

I got one of those motorized tape measures as a gift a couple years ago and my kids loved it until the batteries died, then it sat in my shop for a year or so, then I threw it away while I was packing to move. I figured that even if it would have come in handy at some point, I probably would have erased is existence from my memory by then. I can't decide if a motorized clamp would be more useful than a motorized tape measure.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by T-Bone
        I got one of those motorized tape measures as a gift a couple years ago and my kids loved it until the batteries died, then it sat in my shop for a year or so, then I threw it away while I was packing to move. I figured that even if it would have come in handy at some point, I probably would have erased is existence from my memory by then. I can't decide if a motorized clamp would be more useful than a motorized tape measure.
        well, Black and Decker made them both.
        Is B&D a Canadian co.?
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• JSCOOK
          • Sep 2006
          • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
          • Ryobi BT3100-1

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          Is B&D a Canadian co.?
          Nope! ... one of yours! ... all started in Maryland in 1917 and still in MD as of today ... mind you, we had the First foreign subsidiary Black & Decker Manufacturing Company Ltd. is built in Canada in 1922.

Black & Decker

Official B&D History
          Last edited by JSCOOK; 01-12-2007, 01:31 PM.
          "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn". by C.S. Lewis

Comment

• JSCOOK
            • Sep 2006
            • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
            • Ryobi BT3100-1

Originally posted by Ed62
            Maybe sometime in the next 6 months or so, I'll find a use for it. Who knows?
            Ed
            Ya, I got one too ... bought it on clearance for $6, buy I only bought it for my 5 yr old daughter so she would leave my good tapes alone ... the plan has worked so far, as I just have to recharge the batteries in it for her once a week
            "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn". by C.S. Lewis

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
              • Dec 2006
              • hagerstown, md

hey....I should get one for my son as he's always nicking my tapes
              パトリック
              daiku woodworking
              ^deshi^
              neoshed

Comment

• crokett
                The Full Monte
                • Jan 2003
                • Mebane, NC, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3000

I was wandering around HD today killing time and saw the AutoClamp. I doubt it is very strong. the only thing I can see it doing is letting me work one handed while lining up a jig or something. My quick clamps and spring clamps already do that. And I don;t have to charge the batteries.
                David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

Working...