X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheRic
    • Jun 2004
    • West Central Ohio
    • bt3100

Several years ago I bought my wife a nice $$$$ pair of earrings, that she wanted / picked out, in her birth stone color. Then turned around and got a matching necklace a month later for her B-day. She wore the necklace the rest of that day, not since. The earrings she wore for two days, haven't seen them since. Even asked about about them a couple of times. "Oh there somewhere but I'm not sure were." I don't buy her jewelry anymore.

One of the first years we were married I got her socks, which she very badly needed. Also got her a bunch of other nice $$$$ things, not just the socks. Heard her comment to one of her friends about the socks, not in a positive way, but not one thing about the other nice stuff. I have made sure she gets socks every year since. Lump of coal!?!? I got a whole coal mine coming!!!
    Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

Originally posted by Russianwolf
      I gave mine the sewing machine THAT SHE WANTED 2 years ago and even set up a "sewing station" for her. She has yet to sew a stitch.
      Been there, done that. I think my wife goes to the sewing room about 4 times a year. What a waste of money that could have bought a very nice tool!

Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• JSCOOK
        • Sep 2006
        • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
        • Ryobi BT3100-1

Originally posted by Veramacor
        My wife answers with the perennial reply "I don't want anything for Christmas"
        I get this one all the time ... or "we don't need to spend the money on stuff" ... LOML is an accountant (aka Beancounter) so I've just gone out and got her stuff she wouldn't buy herself or keeps procrastinating at getting ...
        "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn". by C.S. Lewis

Comment

• bigstick509
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Macomb, MI, USA.
          • BT3100

Internet Shopping Carts

Every year I e-mail her my list in a online saved shopping cart. I get hers a day or two later and it is usually about twice as expensive as mine, what a surprise.
          But this year I went over the edge and asked and received a 17" MacBook Pro, its killing me knowing I really can't open it till the 25th.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• jhart
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2004
            • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
            • BT3100

After much prodding, she finally gave me two small items she would like. While shopping for them, also saw some crystal items (one in the form of a butterfly. She loves butterflies). Ended up buying a couple of crystal items for her also.

Sorry for the rants the last couple of days. Really, really love the woman, but get totally frustrated when it comes to gifts for her. Always want them to be something she really likes or wants, and have been dissap[ointed in the past.

Anyway, hope she likes these.
            Joe
            "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

Working...