• Show
Clear All
  • germdoc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Omaha, NE
    • BT3000--the gray ghost

Halloween leftovers

Wonder if you have 10 lbs. of leftover candy like we have--or had, since my wife took it into her office. Not nearly as many TOT'ers as we expected.

Try this out if you're still wishing for a thrill and don't mind playing a boring little game first. See if you can find three different items in the two photos shown. (Hint: Turn the sound up and listen for the sound of the Swiss horn.)

http://members.home.nl/saen/Special/Zoeken.swf
    Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire
  • bigfoot
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2006

That was good...
    The voices made me do it.

Comment

• MilDoc

Oh yeah ... only 40 or so kids out last night. Last year we had to run out and get more for them, this year we have bags of stuff left. Don't know why, but it all goes to the office, too.

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

I heard the horn. Haven't had TOT'ers here for at least 3 years. We still have the candy. Some of the wrapped hard candy is fusing with the wrapper. I think all the kids in the neighborhood are afraid of me. Could be some of those afternoon military maneuvers in full gear, or could be just the two German Shepherds that respond to doorbells at way over 100db. They all know I have some neurons that aren't touching.

"I'M NEVER WRONG - BUT I'M NOT ALWAYS RIGHT"

Comment

• billwmeyer
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Weir, Ks, USA.
          • BT3000

This is the lightest year we ever had. It was cold and a school night and that dropped it down I guess. Also our small town usually has a contest and gathering on Halloween night every year, but this year they held it on Saturday night. I guess a lot of kids only went to that.

Bill
          "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• DUD
            Royal Jester
            • Dec 2002
            • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

We had 1 little boy come to the door. We then went to church, they had a Trail of Treats. Man did they get the candy, it would last me a year. I'm sure they will have it all gone before Friday. Bill
            5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• Richard in Smithville
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2006
              • On the TARDIS
              • BT 3100

Not one child cme to my door. But then again, my front steps are being rebuilt(all poured concrete) and out side of my front door is a great big hole.
              From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                Bandsaw Box Momma
                • Apr 2005
                • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

We went to a few houses around my parents neighborhood, but our town had a TOT Downtown from about 3:30 to 5:30 last night. So waited for the kids to get home and headed in to town, it took us about an hour to go about 4 square blocks. The kids got cold and I was freezing so after we went to the bowling alley to see the ladies there we went home. The kids did pretty good for only about an hour of being out there.

Also we have a dentist office here in town that is offering to pay for the kids candy, a $1.00 a pound. My kids didn't get enough for it to be worth our while but man when I was a kid I would have made a haul of it. I would take out a brown paper grocery bag and by the time we would come home we would have half of a bag at least.
                Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• mater
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • SC, USA.

I am taking care of our leftovers.
                  Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• Pappy
                    The Full Monte
                    • Dec 2002
                    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 (x2)

Bunches of candy left. No kids expected but there was some candy out to munch on during the reception.
                    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                    Fools because they have to say something.
                    Plato

Comment

• scorrpio
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2005
                      • Wayne, NJ, USA.

Kids go TOT'ing in the neighborhood, but our street does not have sidewalks, and is fairly narrow, so nobody TOT's on our street - too dangerous for kids to walk around. Which is sad.

Comment

• bmyers
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2003
                        • Fishkill, NY
                        • bt 3100

Fishkill, NY

My wife and I decided to get dressed up also. We went to a party a few days earlier so we got some mileage out of the costumes.

12524 is as small town as you can get and still have a Dunkin Dougnuts. The streets have good lighting, ample sidewalks and everyone kinda knows everyone. It was an unusually warm night so nobody was uncomfortable walking around the village. Local police were out walking around also saying 'hello' to those giving out candy. My mom's place had quite a few visitors and just the right amount of candy was leftover.

I started decorating my moms front yard and she really got into it making a ghost to go with my NY Times stuffed scare crow man.. Not enough leaves had fallen yet to stuff him with. We also had home made tombstones with goofie captions. Nothing came from McWalmart except maybe the garden bench.

Here is Capt Hook, Wendy, Peter Pan and Tinckerbug (thats what she called it)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by bmyers; 11-02-2006, 10:29 AM.
                        "Why are there Braille codes on drive-up ATM machines?"

Comment

• sinjams
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Apr 2006
                          • Wiarton Ontario

We were cleaned out in about 1 1/2 hr. Handed out about 100 freezies and 26 candy bars. Night was cold but dry and all the kids were very polite.

Comment

• WoodButcher26
                            Established Member
                            • Mar 2006
                            • Dayton, OH

It was slow around here as well. Think most of the younger kids are going to private "walks"--churches, civic halls, etc, and most of the older kids are being turned away due to their behavior and attitudes. Are we seeing the demise of another tradition?
                            Measure it with a micrometer...
                            Mark it with a crayon...
                            Cut it with a chain saw!

Wood Butcher

Comment

Working...