• Show
Clear All
  • DUD
    Royal Jester
    • Dec 2002
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Bump

I was on one of our local highways here that they are widening to 4 lanes. As I come up to a bridge there is a sign that says "Bump". If they had time to put up the sign, why couldn't they have just fixed the bump. I don't know. Bill
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.
  • dkhoward
    • Dec 2003
    • Lubbock, Texas, USA.
    • bt3000

because the contractor doing the repairs also owns a front end alignment shop . . .
    Dennis K Howard
    www.geocities.com/dennishoward
    "An elephant is nothing more than a mouse built to government specifications." Robert A Heinlein

Comment

• Salty
      • Feb 2006
      • Akron, Ohio

You have to understand how this works, ya see.
      That bump was there a good while before even the sign went up. They first had to have received about 3 dozen complaints and then they would investigate the bump. Then they would have to determine if the bump was an actual problem. Then they would have to have a meeting about what to do about it. First they would decide to erect a sign to mark the area where the bump is located. That way the eventual repair crew could find it.
      Then they would have another meeting to get bids from the sign makers to get the most expensive bid on the job. Then the bid for the planting of the sign.
      Expect to see that sign there for a while. You see thay will need more meetings and more high bids to get it fixed.
      Why doesn't the word 'planing' show up in my computer spell check?

Comment

Working...