• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

New Computer Tool - Video Skype

A new dimension in communications has just opened up for us.

I installed Video Skype on LOML's notebook and on my notebook too. Over the phone (from Japan) I helped my daughter in Texas install it on hers. Five minutes from start to finish including installing software, hooking up the camera and getting a login name for her. Hung up the phone and started Video Skyping immediately. And it is all free.

WOW, it sure was great to SEE her while talking with her. Video phones via internet are super, at least it was on the first try. My other two daughters are waiting on cameras to get started doing the same.

ANYONE else enjoying video phoning family?

Sound was very clear. I had some echo at first, but fixed it quickly while talking. Pictures were a little slow in refreshing but better than commercial TV news stations sometimes get when interviewing from remote areas.

Oh did I say all of this was over our wireless network too.

Love seeing my family again!
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • Bruce Platt
    Established Member
    • Apr 2004
    • Swanzey, NH, USA.

We have been using it for a few months now. Started out using Yahoo's service. But Skype is so much better. It allows both sets of grandparents to enjoy seeing the grandchildren perform in front of the computer.
    Bruce Platt

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

I just got my second daughter set up on it. She is in Mississippi. Our video cuts out when three are hooked up in conference but we still get voice and that is very clear. We have been talking to the one daughter in TX and the one in MS in conference mode for th past hour. It has been a hoot! Fun! Great.

Love it.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• DUD
        Royal Jester
        • Dec 2002
        • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

That sounds great Hank, I know You want to see Your Children. I will check into it myself. Bill
        5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

Working...