My weekend, Part 1

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bigsteel15
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 1079
    • Edmonton, AB
    • Ryobi BT3100

    #1

    My weekend, Part 1

    Thought I would share my weekend as it was quite awesome.

    Friday I took of around 10 AM for the 6 hr+ drive to Dawson Creek.
    About 3 hours in I'm coming out of a small town and see a lady hitcher.
    Keep in mind this is a small farming/oil town of about 3000 people and hour away from a city of about 75000 (Grande Prairie).
    OK, so I take a quick look to see that she's not a "bum". No signs, decent looking clothes, white hair, tanned. Looks to be about 50ish.

    So I pick her up.


    Any guesses?
    Brian

    Welcome to the school of life
    Where corporal punishment is alive and well.
  • Mrs. Wallnut
    Bandsaw Box Momma
    • Apr 2005
    • 1566
    • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

    #2
    Okay I won't say what Mark said when I read this to him and he was waiting for the punch line.

    But his guess would be a cross dresser????

    but other than that I would not know what to guess.
    Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

    Comment

    • RayintheUK
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2003
      • 1792
      • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
      • Ryobi BT3000

      #3
      My guess would be some well-known person - movie star, perhaps?

      [Edit] How much further off could I be?

      Ray.
      Last edited by RayintheUK; 07-31-2006, 11:35 AM.
      Did I offend you? Click here.

      Comment

      • cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • 15216
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

        #4
        I was right behind you, had a load of plywood, had to slow down too fast, and the plywood shifted. Luckily, there was enough shoulder off the road to pull over. Anyway I saw her and it was Alice B. Toklas. That was you wasn't it?



        "I'M NEVER WRONG - BUT I'M NOT ALWAYS RIGHT"

        Comment

        • BobSch
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2004
          • 4385
          • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
          • BT3100

          #5
          Originally posted by cabinetman
          I was right behind you, had a load of plywood, had to slow down too fast, and the plywood shifted. Luckily, there was enough shoulder off the road to pull over. Anyway I saw her and it was Alice B. Toklas. That was you wasn't it?
          Did she have any of her brownies with her???
          Bob

          Bad decisions make good stories.

          Comment

          • bigsteel15
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2006
            • 1079
            • Edmonton, AB
            • Ryobi BT3100

            #6
            So she gets in. I realize she is native with bleached hair, probably about mid 30s (still looks 50 though if you know what I mean).
            First thing she says to me after the pleasantries about where you goin, etc is (insert accent/slur here) "you got anything to smoke?"
            No says I, as we both puff on our cigarettes.

            So she tells me that her car broke down and there's a guy on the reserve that sells parts cheap.
            OK. Fine.

            Next... (I think Mark already guessed, which figures seeing as he's a truck driver).

            She says she needs to raise some money and "looking to make a trade".
            I'm not says I, faster than I can spit out my coffee.
            "Oh, sorry to shock you", she says
            No problem says I as I drive my foot as hard as I can on the gas pedal and CRANK the tunes up.
            That was the longest 20 miles at 85 MPH I've ever had.
            Brian

            Welcome to the school of life
            Where corporal punishment is alive and well.

            Comment

            • DUD
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • 3309
              • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000

              #7
              I live in the big city of Jonesboro, Ar, population 55,000, Brian so I knew the answer. As We drive around Jonesboro, I point them out to LOML, and She most always says no way. I just smile and keep going. Bill
              5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

              Comment

              Working...