• Show
Clear All
  • DUD
    Royal Jester
    • Dec 2002
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Why Is It

Whenever I use a Circular saw, and no matter what position I use it, I always get sawdust in my face. I'm trying to finish my privacy fence, or at least get to a good stopping place, and I just don't like the taste of treated lumber. Oh Well, Bill
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Don't like the taste? Don't eat it then! Just think of all the fiber in sawdust! It out to have some health benefits.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• germdoc
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Omaha, NE
      • BT3000--the gray ghost

I thought this was gonna be one of your jokes--I was ready with paper towels over the keyboard, screen cleaner at my ready, all spillable drinks moved out of the way...

Re' circ. saw and dust--that's why I got the Porter-Cable--can hook it to my shopvac and get *zero* dust. It's also sturdy, light and accurate as heck. After using it for awhile I wouldn't trade it in for any other CS on the market, at least not for what I use it for.
      Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Jeff - I'm surprised you didn't recommend DUD to wear a dust mask. That's one demerit. That's the Rx for CS's.

"I'M NEVER WRONG - BUT I'M NOT ALWAYS RIGHT"

Comment

• LinuxRandal
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2005
          • Independence, MO, USA.
          • bt3100

I have the Bosch cs20 and I ordered the optional dust shield, if I can borrow one of my parents camera's, I will post pictures of it later this week. It looks like it should fit other models.
          She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• JTimmons
            • Feb 2005
            • Denver, CO.
            • Grizzly 1023SLX, Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by DUD
            Whenever I use a Circular saw, and no matter what position I use it, I always get sawdust in my face. I'm trying to finish my privacy fence, or at least get to a good stopping place, and I just don't like the taste of treated lumber. Oh Well, Bill
            Murphy's Law - I thought everyone knew about it!
            "Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill."
            -- Johnny Carson

Comment

• germdoc
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2003
              • Omaha, NE
              • BT3000--the gray ghost

Originally posted by cabinetman
              Jeff - I'm surprised you didn't recommend DUD to wear a dust mask. That's one demerit. That's the Rx for CS's.

Dust mask? What's that?

Oh yeah, in the hot summer weather when you're sweating over a project, blowing sawdust in your face, and you walk in the door, your wife asks you, "What's with the dust mask"??
              Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• cabinetman
                Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                • Jun 2006
                • So. Florida
                • Delta

Jeff - I wish I knew 30 yrs ago how sick I was going to get for not wearing one, and how bad the fumes and dust actually were. My co-payments reflect my contribution to the medical profession for trying to rectify my stupidity. My wife will now chase me with a bat if I don't wear a dust mask, or a respirator.

Comment

• WayneJ
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Elmwood Park, New Jersey, USA.

I'll second on Murphy's law!
                  Wayne
                  Wayne J

Comment

Working...