• Show
Clear All
  • DUD
    Royal Jester
    • Dec 2002
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Practical Woodworking

I don't know anything about this show, however it will be showing on DirecTv on Fridays' at 1:30 PM CDT. It is on Channel 379 RFD TV, apparently it is a Summer run. Bill
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

This intrigued me ... I'm always looking for a new woodworking show ... so I did some further digging.

The show title is actually "The Practical Woodworker" and for those who will miss this afternoon's showing, it will repeat tonight at 10:30pm Eastern (9:30 Central), again tomorrow, 24 June, at 6:30am Eastern (5:30am Central), and then a few more times after that on Sunday and Monday.

DirecTV's program information says nothing other than "Introduction," so it sounds like Bill stumbled onto the first episode of the run.

RFD-TV's own web site doesn't have any info on the show, possibly because it's new.

In addition to Channel 379 on DirecTV, RFD-TV also airs on Channel 9409 on Dish Network, and Channel 78 on Mediacom.

I don't have RFD-TV programmed into my surfing rotation, but that's about to change. Apparently, It's Not Just About The Tractor.
    Last edited by LarryG; 06-23-2006, 11:20 AM.
    Larry

Comment

• paynea
      Forum Newbie
      • Jun 2006
      • Massachusetts, USA
      • Ryobi BT3100

Occasional lurker, new forum member, first time poster.

I found this show about 3 weeks ago during one of my periodic seraches for the string "woodwork" on my Dish Network Tivo equivalent. It appears that RFDTV is running it on a cycle, as the host mentioned that it was the final episode of the series in the episode I taped last week (which was about finishing, as I recall).

The show was in keeping with the theme of it's network, truly the antithesis of the New Yankee Workshop, for example. Something Norm might do with a tricked out bandsaw and oscilating spindle sander is done with a jigsaw and file, for example.

All of the episodes I saw were outdoor carpentry projects (benches, arbors) rather than "fine woodworking" per se. The show looks pretty dated, and appears very soft (as if it's playing off of an old consumer VHS tape), but I found the host engaging, and his advice and perspective as practical as the title suggests. Worth a look.

Adam

Comment

Working...