• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sigma147
    Handtools only
    • Feb 2006
    • San Mateo, CA, USA.

Originally posted by Bruce Cohen
    Speaking for Dave, although he doesn't need my help, SO WHAT.

Correction noted!!!

Bruce (and all the dead this guy was responsible for)
    SO WHAT !?!?

Osama Bin Ladin is still at large somewhere on the Afghan/Pakistan border - so what.

The war in Iraq has cost the US $261 billion so far - so what.

The cost of the war in Iraq to American troop has been 2486 dead and 18254 wounded so far - so what.

Accute malnutrition in young Iraqi children has more than doubled since the US invasion of Iraq - so what.

The US's unilateral war in Iraq and subsequent difficulties (Abu Ghraib, Haditha) have destroyed world sympathy and support stemming from the 9-11 terrorist attacks - so what.

Insurgent attacks continue unabated. To quote the AP - "The fighting was part of a string of violent incidents Sunday amid a government stalemate and threats of continued violence from insurgents after the death of al-Qaida in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi." - so what.

SO WHAT. At least we've managed to kill off one more head of the hydra, so whatever good it'll do.

Sigma
    \"It\'s good to be the King!\"

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
      Veteran Member
      • May 2003
      • Nanuet, NY, USA.
      • BT3100

Sam , Please read this!!

Sam,

Apparently, this thread has turned into something it was not suppost to become.

Not wanting to cause any more friction between some lmembers, Please lock this to disallow any furture posts.

Many thanks and sorry I seemed to put my foot into a lower orifice of mine.

Bruce
      "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
      Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• gjbivin
        Established Member
        • Jan 2005
        • Gilbert, AZ, USA.
        • BT3100

Agreed. Let's all get back to woodworking...
        Gary J. Bivin
        Gilbert, AZ

Comment

• meika123
          • Dec 2002
          • Advance, NC, USA.
          • BT3000

Originally posted by sigma147
          SO WHAT !?!?

The cost of the war in Iraq to American troop has been 2486 dead and 18254 wounded so far - so what.
          If I remember correctly, 61 years ago, 4 times that number were killed in one day. Remember D-Day?

SO WHAT. At least we've managed to kill off one more head of the hydra, so whatever good it'll do.
          It means "HE" won't behead anyone else. IMHO it has to be chalked up to the cost of Freedom. Whatever made people think it is FREE!!

Dave in NC
          Stress is when you wake up screaming and then you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

Comment

• germdoc
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2003
            • Omaha, NE
            • BT3000--the gray ghost

Originally posted by gjbivin
            Agreed. Let's all get back to woodworking...
            Speaking of biting the dust, after a long absence from the shop--daughter graduating, about a zillion school concerts this spring, etc., I made some sawdust this weekend--renovated my workbench. I had the radio set to jazz standards, and for a couple of hours I thought of nothing but wood, no politics, no nothing.

Felt good, and you know what--I might have to go out and spend some more quality time in the shop...
            Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• Adele
              Established Member
              • Nov 2003
              • Midway, KY, USA.

Originally posted by Bruce Cohen
              Sam,

Apparently, this thread has turned into something it was not suppost to become.

Not wanting to cause any more friction between some lmembers, Please lock this to disallow any furture posts.

Many thanks and sorry I seemed to put my foot into a lower orifice of mine.

Bruce
              Sam has not had time to see this today so I am speaking on his behalf. Bruce has said it well lets make no further comments and please refrain from anymore post.

Adele

Comment

Working...