• Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Cohen
    Veteran Member
    • May 2003
    • Nanuet, NY, USA.
    • BT3100

Another one bites the dust!!

It's with great joy to announce the passing of al-Azwqui, yesterday, by members of the US Special Operations Force.

That will teach 'em to mess with the USA.

Bruce
    "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
    Samuel Colt did"
  • scorrpio
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • Wayne, NJ, USA.

Originally posted by Bruce Cohen
    That will teach 'em to mess with the USA.
    Sigh... I wish.

It will only add to the list of 'martyrs to be avenged'. Now, don't get me wrong - I am all for giving these terrorists the execution they deserve. However, the problem is that to regular folks there, they are portrayed as 'daring revolutionaries who fought and gave their life for the happiness of the people', not as 'ruthless criminals who stoke the war and brainwash people to be cannon fodder for their petty goals.' As long as that's the case, there will be little progress.

Comment

• just4funsies
      • Dec 2005
      • Florida.
      • BT3000

In a place that has always known war, there will always be war... I say let them go back to killing EACH OTHER. Our boys (and girls) deserve better than what they're getting over there, and in the eyes of the rest of the world, even if (and when) we win, we lose.
      ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

• gjbivin
        Established Member
        • Jan 2005
        • Gilbert, AZ, USA.
        • BT3100

Originally posted by scorrpio
        ...they are portrayed as 'daring revolutionaries who fought and gave their life for the happiness of the people', not as 'ruthless criminals who stoke the war and brainwash people to be cannon fodder for their petty goals.' ...
        Or, one man's terrorist is another man's patriot...
        Gary J. Bivin
        Gilbert, AZ

Comment

• Popeye
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2003
          • Woodbine, Ga
          • Grizzly 1023SL

One way or another.... good riddens to bad garbage!!!! Pat
          Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• meika123
            • Dec 2002
            • Advance, NC, USA.
            • BT3000

Originally posted by Popeye
            I'm with you, Pat and Gary (oh, and Bruce )
            After all, they started this. right! They came over here and killed 3000 of our innocent civilians, member, member. (to quote George Lopez)

Dave in NC
            Stress is when you wake up screaming and then you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

Comment

• darrellcraig
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2006
              • Seattle, WA, USA.

His death will accomplish nothing other than to bring a bit of justice to some members of the families of the thousands killed in 9/11 and the Iraq occupation. That alone is enough to justify it for me. But it won't "teach" anything to prospective terrorists - don't kid yourself into thinking this will serve as a deterrent. And like the many headed Hydra, someone else will certainly step into his leadership role.

It is a war of attrition, and we'll probably "be taught something" and run out of steam long before the other side.

Comment

• scorrpio
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • Wayne, NJ, USA.

9/11 was a horrid act, but this whole thing 'started' a great deal before that, and exactly 'who started it' is also a point of much debate. Middle East had a great culture before 14-15th centuries crusades came from Europe to plunder and pillage. Does hatred for Western culture that is so effectively exploited by today's terrorist leaders stem from back then?

Far as 'place that always knew war will always know war - sorry, false. History of the civilization is a history of never-ending wars - only fairly recently, some of the regions have enjoyed prolonged periods of peace.

Yes, it is awesome that a scumbag terrorist responsible for so many innocent deaths has been taken out - but what impact will it have on the big picture? Another one will step up to take his place. As long as there are entire populations hating us enough they are willing to send their children to die in order to hurt us, there will be those taking advantage of that hate and making sure it does not cool off.

Comment

• just4funsies
                  • Dec 2005
                  • Florida.
                  • BT3000

Originally posted by scorrpio
                  Far as 'place that always knew war will always know war - sorry, false. History of the civilization is a history of never-ending wars - only fairly recently, some of the regions have enjoyed prolonged periods of peace.
                  Sorry back atcha. I suppose if you look on the entire history of civilization as a whole, that statement makes more sense, but when you look at cultures, rather than at civilization as a whole, if a culture is founded on war, developed through war, sustained through war, solves its problems only through war, and idolizes martyrdom, it seldom sees or even acknowledges anything else. Those who only know how to die will never value life, or learn how to live. Even their religious fanaticism perpetuates the thinking. What religion of any sensible basis endorses the killing with impunity of anybody who doesn't think like they do? The only notion I'm buying is that this is all they do because this is all they know.
                  Last edited by just4funsies; 06-08-2006, 01:15 PM.
                  ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

• scorrpio
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • Wayne, NJ, USA.

That is all they are LET to do and know. Cause it is the way their leaders want it. And they are smart about it - they use religion to hold control, which is a lot more suitable to hold an uneducated populace in check than a 'progressive ideology'. The 20's-30's communist Russia had similar kind of fanaticism going on, and in the days of Cold War - THEY were the empire of evil. Of course, during my childhood in Russia, we were taught that USA was the empire of evil, standing poised to nuke and oppress the working people everywhere, and only held back by glorious Soviet Army. Still, we went to school, we were getting an education, and many people learned to keep an open mind and think independently of the propaganda.

What do you expect from someone whose modicum of world knowledge consists of whatever local mullah preaches at the mosque? And religion is a very convenient thing. It can be twisted any way desired. Some VERY bloody events have transpired in the name of about every religion out there.

Comment

• germdoc
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2003
                      • Omaha, NE
                      • BT3000--the gray ghost

We will have to see if this death makes any difference or not. Capturing Saddam and killing his sons didn't affect the insurgency one bit, in fact things got worse.

I personally am impressed by how decentralized the insurgency is. Evil though this guy may be, it's not clear if he's the main guy in charge or just a figurehead. (I've always thought we in America tend to personalize our enemies too much--we fight "Hitler" or "Ho Chi Minh" and forget about the nameless guys who keep the fight going.)
                      Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• gjbivin
                        Established Member
                        • Jan 2005
                        • Gilbert, AZ, USA.
                        • BT3100

Originally posted by meika123
                        After all, they started this. right! They came over here and killed 3000 of our innocent civilians, member, member. (to quote George Lopez)

Dave in NC
                        Um, in case you forgot -- the 9/11 terrorists came mostly from Egypt and Saudi Arabia (as did Bin Laden). NONE of them were from Iraq, and it's clear now that Iraq had nothing to do with the attack. AFAIK, Zarqawi didn't go to Iraq until 2002.
                        Gary J. Bivin
                        Gilbert, AZ

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2003
                          • Nanuet, NY, USA.
                          • BT3100

Originally posted by gjbivin
                          Um, in case you forgot -- the 9/11 terrorists came mostly from Egypt and Saudi Arabia (as did Bin Laden). NONE of them were from Iraq, and it's clear now that Iraq had nothing to do with the attack. AFAIK, Zarqawi didn't go to Iraq until 2002.
                          Speaking for Dave, although he doesn't need my help, SO WHAT.

Correction noted!!!

Bruce (and all the dead this guy was responsible for)
                          "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
                          Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• mater
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2004
                            • SC, USA.

Good Riddance!
                            Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• eezlock
                              • Feb 2006
                              • Charlotte,N.C.
                              • BT3100

garbage

Originally posted by Popeye
                              That type of scum (the kind that would be found in the bottom
                              of 20 year old dumpster) that comprized a worthless, terroist,******* like this
                              was killed in a manner that was way too good for them to have experienced
                              in my opinion! I can think of much more enjoyable ways of slowly,slowly,
                              torturing them to death in very excruating, painful, manners.My opinion.
                              eezlock

Comment

Working...