• Show
Clear All
  • DUD
    Royal Jester
    • Dec 2002
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Will This Work?

My mail carrier told me that the Postal service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow-jackets away.

Use them all the time when playing baseball and soccer. I use it when I am working outside. It really works. The yellow jackets just veer around you.

1. All this time you've just been putting Bounce in the dryer! It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. It also repels mice.

2. Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.

3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too often.

4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.

5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.

6. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.

7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.

8. To freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.

9. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.

10. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.

11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.

12. To freshen the air in your car - Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.

13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.

14. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.

15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.

16. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.

17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.

18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.

19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.

20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.

21. Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.
  • Russianwolf
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
    • One of them there Toy saws

Sound like a ploy to increase sales.
    Mike
    Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
      Bandsaw Box Momma
      • Apr 2005
      • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Well I know that I use dryer sheets in my bowling shoes at the end of the bowling season that way when I put them in the locker for the summer...I also use them in the bottom of the trash cans...I don't know about the other stuff..
      Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• just4funsies
        • Dec 2005
        • Florida.
        • BT3000

I use dryer sheets for fragrance in my dresser drawers. (Not the "Bounce" varieties, though... I use the "Gain" flavored ones, because they match the fragrance of my detergent.) I can't speak to the insect repellant claims, although I've never had ants in my underwear!!
        ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

• Rob R
          Established Member
          • Jan 2004
          • West, Michigan.

i don't know about the sleeping bag idea. especially if you camp in BEAR COUNTRY!!

rob

Comment

• BobSch
            • Aug 2004
            • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
            • BT3100

Here's what Snopes had to say on the subject:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/bounce.asp#tv
            Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• gjbivin
              Established Member
              • Jan 2005
              • Gilbert, AZ, USA.
              • BT3100

I'd hesitate to use a Bounce sheet as a tack cloth, because of the residue it would leave on the wood. It probably works for wiping up the workbench or floor, but who wants their shop to smell like a laundry room?
              Gary J. Bivin
              Gilbert, AZ

Comment

• germdoc
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2003
                • Omaha, NE
                • BT3000--the gray ghost

If I tie a sheet of Bounce around my daughter's necks, will it keep unwanted jerky guys gentleman callers away??
                Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• offthemark
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Germantown, TN, USA.
                  • BT3100

Originally posted by gjbivin
                  but who wants their shop to smell like a laundry room?
                  Yeah. My shop smells like the half used vanilla candle my wife gave me to lubricate my BT3100.
                  Mark
                  --------
                  "There are no stupid questions - just stupid people"

Comment

• jziegler
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2005
                    • Salem, NJ, USA.
                    • Ryobi BT3100

I thought that the comment on using it in a drawer was kinda funny. It made some comment about not liking the drawer smelling like lumber. Personally, I like the smell of lumber MUCH better than the artificial scents of most laundry products, but then I generally dislike most artificial scents.

Jim

Originally posted by BobSch
                    Here's what Snopes had to say on the subject:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/bounce.asp#tv

Comment

• linear
                      • May 2004
                      • DeSoto, KS, USA.
                      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by germdoc
                      If I tie a sheet of Bounce around my daughter's necks, will it keep unwanted jerky guys gentleman callers away??
                      Only ones wearing yellow jackets.
                      --Rob

sigpic

Comment

• pierhogunn
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2003
                        • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

If I want to use a piece of paper to keep gentlement callers away from my little princess, it will be a well punctured target paper...
                        It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

• vaking
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2005
                          • Montclair, NJ, USA.
                          • Ryobi BT3100-1

If this thing really repels mice, insect, etc - I don't want it in my dryer or drawer or pocket - in fact I want nothing to do with it.
                          Alex V

Comment

Working...