• Show
Clear All
  • silverfox
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2003
    • Richland Center WI, USA.
    • BT3100

Hey...I'm missing 2000 posts????

I just saw on my last thread that the number of posts are listed. When I was in the OTHER bt3central I was pushing 5000 posts or so. I think that 2 is supposed to be a 4. What happened? Where are they? The number doesn't mean so much but I did have some pretty good info in some of them. Are they gone forever??? Bummer.
    Mike
  • Stytooner
    Roll Tide RIP Lee
    • Dec 2002
    • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
    • BT3100

Originally posted by silverfox
    I just saw on my last thread that the number of posts are listed. When I was in the OTHER bt3central I was pushing 5000 posts or so. I think that 2 is supposed to be a 4. What happened? Where are they? The number doesn't mean so much but I did have some pretty good info in some of them. Are they gone forever??? Bummer.
    Mike
    Mike, we are only counting the posts after you came down off the fence and bought a BT.

Actually, I am missing about that many as well, but thats fine with me. Most of them were probably not too important in my case. Hot air factor and all.
    Lee

Comment

• stewchi
      Established Member
      • Apr 2003
      • Chattanooga, TN.

I am missing about around 100 or so

Comment

• DUD
        Royal Jester
        • Dec 2002
        • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by stewchi
        I am missing about around 100 or so
        I am missing about 700 or so, but reset me to 1, I don't mind starting over. Whatever works for the forum. Bill
        5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• jbalders
          Established Member
          • Oct 2003
          • Vienna, VA, USA.
          • BT3100 + Shopsmith

I know I'm not the most prolific poster, but I thought I've posted more than 220-ish as well.

Odd, if you do a search for user "jbalders" it only comes up with 201 -- probably 202 once I hit the "Post" button.

Jeff
          Jeff

BOFH excuse #360: Your parity check is overdrawn and you're out of cache.

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
            Veteran Member
            • May 2003
            • Nanuet, NY, USA.
            • BT3100

As I mentioned earlier, prior to the forum reaching critical mass, my posts shole be in the mid-700's, but then again, most of what I say is worthless anyway
            "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
            Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• JimD
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2003
              • Lexington, SC.

I seem to have lost several hundred but who cares. I was happy that somebody else's I wanted to see again was still there. If the worst thing that happens is the count is off a bit, I'll remain extremely happy with this site.

Jim

Comment

• Brian G
                • Jun 2003
                • Bloomington, Minnesota.
                • G0899

I found a few extra posts in the cushions of my couch, if anybody wants them. I'd rather ship them whole, but I can parse them out if somebody wants me to. Any of them not claimed by Sunday p.m., I'm taking to eBay.
                Brian

Comment

• beetee3
                  Established Member
                  • Feb 2005
                  • The Sunshine State

Hey Mike, your 2000 missing posts were probably deleted by the cuss filter in the new software. Now go wash your mouth out with soap and water !

Comment

• Sam Conder
                    Woodworker Once More
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Midway, KY
                    • Delta 36-725T2

About post counts:

There are several factors that go into "counting" posts for a user and unfortunately there is some discrepencies between Snitz and vBulletin.

As with any major system migration like this, there is going to be some things we wish we could change but cannot. As far as this issue goes, I don't think (and I certainly hope not!) that any one judges a member's character, worth, or wisdom by the number of posts they have.

Sam
                    Sam Conder
                    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Woodwerker
                      Established Member
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Sam Conder
                      About post counts:

There are several factors that go into "counting" posts for a user and unfortunately there is some discrepencies between Snitz and vBulletin.

As with any major system migration like this, there is going to be some things we wish we could change but cannot. As far as this issue goes, I don't think (and I certainly hope not!) that any one judges a member's character, worth, or wisdom by the number of posts they have.

Sam
                      True dat...
                      BTW Love the new site and features
                      Joe
                      Every tool you own is broken, you just don't know it yet :-)

Comment

• silverfox
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2003
                        • Richland Center WI, USA.
                        • BT3100

As I said in my previous post...the number isn't as important as the content. I'm not asking to be judged by the number of posts, Sam, and I'm sorry that you would think that of me. Even my earlier posts asking about the BT3 had pertinent information contained in them and in the subsequent answers. I simply didn't, and don't, understand why some people still have their regular number of posts and some don't. But don't try to explain it...it's not important and I probably wouldn't understand it anyway. I'm wondering which posts are missing? When I first came here I was helped tremendously by the members here in the selection of the BT3. Since then I have tried to give pay back by answering building and or remodeling questions for people that need help in those areas. I have written some long and detailed explanations and it would grieve me if they were missing for others with the same problem in the future.
                        Mike

Comment

• stewchi
                          Established Member
                          • Apr 2003
                          • Chattanooga, TN.

"I want my two dollars"
                          Mailboy from better off dead

He would want all of his posts, but I am just goning to point my skis down hill and if anything gets in my way, TURN
                          Last edited by stewchi; 02-21-2006, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• mschrank
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2004
                            • Hood River, OR, USA.
                            • BT3000

Originally posted by silverfox
                            I'm wondering which posts are missing?
                            Mike
                            Perhaps no posts have actually been lost...I'm thinking maybe the new software counts only the original post in a thread, and all subsequent posts in that thread as "1"?

Just a thought.
                            Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

Working...