• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sailor55330
    Established Member
    • Jan 2010

3M Prograde Precision flexible sanding sheets

I gave this a shot from a local retailer the other day

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...293390692&rt=d.

The product itself seems very well made. The abrasive is tight to the backing and shows no sign of flaking off as others do. I used 320 and found it to cut very well. I would actually say the 320 cut better than the red Diablo 220g from the BORG. The actual backing is a rubber material that must be cut with scissors or a knife. It is extremely flexible and will conform to any shape, literally, with no creasing.

I did find that this product is so flexible that it tends to "roll" rather than move over the surface being sanded. I think the product is intended for sanding various profiles, and may be ok for that. I was sanding mostly flat surfaces an found that you could not "fold" the product, but instead really had to use a sanding block, or the paper would just roll. I haven't done a lot of sanding with it so I can't comment on how it holds up or loads up.

I think it's a great concept and I won't give up on it yet, but at this point, definitely would not look at this as a replacement for regular sandpaper.
Working...