• Show
Clear All
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Wide Crosscut Fence For The BT3000

This fence is used to extend the crosscut capacity of the Sliding Miter Table (SMT) from 16 inches to 23 ½ inches. The design was originally done to address a question someone had asked on the Ryobi toolforum about cross cutting wide panels. After several people had attempted to add a fence to the front edge of the SMT and had drilled holes in the table to do so, some folks argued that there ought to be a way to accomplish the mounting of the fence without defacing the SMT table. When I started thinking about this design problem, it occurred to me that I actually was going to need a wide cross cut fence for a future project I was planning. This fence attaches to the SMT with a 5/16” x 3” hex headed bolt and a 1 1/2” diameter threaded knob. You could use the knob and bolt from the SMT miter fence or make/buy a knob and a bolt. The original knob is 2” in diameter and will overhang the face of the fence slightly. This will not pose a problem as long at the work piece is less than 1 1/2” thick. There are two adjustment screws on the rear of the fence that serve two purposes. They allow the user to micro adjust the fence to the saw blade and once adjusted, they prevent the fence from shifting. This fence was designed to be 18” long like the stock miter fence, but it could be longer. An 18” fence should allow the user to handle a work piece up to 36” wide with good accuracy. Just remember to center the SMT under the work piece to prevent tipping.
    Attached Files
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”
Working...