• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Peachtree #447 2.5" Screw End Dust Collection Hose Adapter

I recently picked up a 50 foot segment of Peachtree Woodworking's 2.5" clear PVC dust collection hose in order to make some custom length hoses. (That is a separate review). In order to terminate those hoses, I grabbed some of Peachtree's screw end dust collection hose adapters. A simple little device that is nothing more than an injection molded part with the standard 2.25" O.D. friction fitting on one end, a flange / stop in the middle, and a 2.5" left hand screw thread on the other.

The molding of this item was amazingly smooth and clean. All injection molded plastic pieces should be this clean! There were no ridges, burrs, or odd pieces dangling from anywhere. Nicely done!

Installing these onto a bulk hose is simple, simply screw it into the hose, remembering that this is a COUNTER threaded item. Keep screwing them down until they stop, and then give the hose a gentle tug to make sure it took right and you are done!

The ends fit the females on my Shop Vac Sawdust Collection system flawlessly.

At the current price of $4.50 each, they are slightly overpriced, however, due to the fact that you do not need a hose clamp to retain the hose while using these, I would say in the long run they are worth what Peachtree is asking for them.

I gave documentation a 1 because this site doesn't have a zero rating. There was no documentation for this, nor should there be. If you can't figure out how to use these reading most likely isn't a strong point for you anyway...

I will be recommending these to my friends that are setting up their own workshops...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...