Clear All
  • Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

Help for Earthlink e-mail users

Good day,

Earthlink is quite possibly the "worst" mail provider for forum operators to deal with. Their aggressive approach to SPAM control (assume everything is SPAM until proven otherwise) is impossible to handle automatically. Here is a copy of the e-mail that Earthlink responds with when a person attempts to register at BT3Central:

I apologize for this automatic reply to your email.

To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from senders I have approved beforehand.

If you would like to be added to my list of approved senders, please fill out the short request form (see link below). Once I approve you, I will receive your original message in my inbox. You do not need to resend your message. I apologize for this one-time inconvenience.

Click the link below to fill out the request:
    This message is sent to a largely unmonitored "automailer account" setup by the forum software and is rarely seen by me or any other moderator. Therefore, in order to become a BT3Central member, it is up to the Earthlink customer to allow e-mail from the BT3Central registration system. There are two different ways to allow email from BT3Central if you are using Earthlink's Spamblocker.

If you use the web based version there is a tutorial here.

If you use the SpamBlocker plugin for Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express, just follow the instructions below.
    • Open your Outlook Express or Outlook address book.
    • Click the Domains button in the toolbar.
    • In the Domains window, type the Company (Domain) you want to add in the smaller of the two text fields.
    • Click Add.
    • Repeat steps 3-4 for any other Companies (Domains) you want to add.
    • You should add bt3central.com
    • Click OK when you're finished.
    • Update SpamBlocker with your new Companies (Domains) by synchronizing your address book.
    If you are an Earthlink user and have already attempted to register here at BT3Central but are unable to activate your account, you may find the Earthlink tutorial on "Accepting a suspect e-mail" helpful. It can be found here.
    Last edited by Sam Conder; 01-30-2007, 10:04 AM.
    Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison
Working...