X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wassaw998
    • Jul 2004
    • Atlanta, GA, USA.

Barracuda Lathe Chuck

Does anyone have any experience with the Barracuda Lathe Chuck that Penn State sells ?

http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant...ory_Code=BARRA

Thinking about getting one.

Thanks.
    Chris
  • GeekMom
    • Dec 2004
    • Bonney Lake, WA.
    • Shopsmith Mark V

I haven't tried it, but would be interested in opinions as well.
    Karen
    <><

Comment

• kwgeorge
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Alvin, TX, USA.

I have not see it in use but there are better options for that money. The Grizzly clone of the Vicmarc is one. I have heard very good reports from the people who have bought this chuck so far. I know Grizzly sold out of them as soon as they got them the first go round. But for the Money on that PSI one I think you would be better off even buying the NOVA Midi that at least you know you can buy accesories for.

Comment

• wassaw998
        • Jul 2004
        • Atlanta, GA, USA.

Thanks Ken, think I'll try the Grizzly chuck. LOML wants an idea for my birthday. If I go with the Grizzly H6265, what extra jaws (if any) would you recommend up front ? The jaws that the chuck come with sound small compared to the standard #2 (?) jaw I see coming with most chucks.
        Chris

Comment

• kwgeorge
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Alvin, TX, USA.

The jaws that come with it are about the same as the ones that come on the Vicmarc 100. I use this chuck more than any other chuck. You may also want the 4" large jaws also though so you can handle the bigger stuff you may want to turn.

Comment

• wassaw998
            • Jul 2004
            • Atlanta, GA, USA.

I sent Grizzly a note this morn, and they have this chuck in stock. Say it weighs 5.5 lbs also.

Went ahead and placed the order for the Grizzly H6265 chuck along with the 4" jaws. Will let you know when I get it.

Thanks for the help !
            Chris

Comment

Working...