Baroque Flutes

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chuck C
    Established Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 430
    • USA.

    #1

    Baroque Flutes

    Don't mean to steer anybody away from turning pens but have you seen these and the price they are getting.

    http://www.sweetheartflute.com/baroqueflutes.html

    I'm going to try one of those. I picked up a plastic one at the dollar store a couple of weeks ago so I have a pretty decent master to gauge with. The plastic one is 6 seperate turnings fitted together like a lid on a box.
    Chuck C

    If the skipper heard you call that deck a floor he would throw you through that little round window
  • dkhoward
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2003
    • 873
    • Lubbock, Texas, USA.
    • bt3000

    #2
    If the flutes are baroque, won't they be hard to play . . .


    baroque, . . . . . .


    broke. . . . . . .



    ok ok . . it was bad



    Dennis K Howard
    www.geocities.com/dennishoward
    "An elephant is nothing more than a mouse built to government specifications." Robert A Heinlein

    Comment

    • kwgeorge
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • 1419
      • Alvin, TX, USA.

      #3
      Well that’s pretty cool Chuck, I would like to see what you come up with.

      Dennis, Bad man, really bad.

      I have been commissioned to make some Beer tap handles. I have not been able to find any threaded inserts for these so I ordered some brass to machine some and I am custom making a mandrel setup to turn them. I will let everybody know how I do with this.

      Comment

      • leehljp
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • 8803
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

        #4
        Chuck,

        I could probably search for plans but if you have a link to plans for these, I would appreciate it. I would love to try and make one for LOML out of the Japanese persimmon (an ebony wood).
        Hank Lee

        Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

        Comment

        • Ken Massingale
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • 3862
          • Liberty, SC, USA.
          • Ridgid TS3650

          #5
          WOW!! $400-$600 for a long pen with holes and no ink! Definitely worth looking into.
          ken

          Comment

          Working...