Hey Chuck C!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BostonBullit
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • 255
    • Medway, MA, USA.

    #1

    Hey Chuck C!

    just dropping a line to let you know I'm enjoying that lathe you sold me! I turned up a box elder burl pen to give my mom for her birthday. had to do the entire thing with a 3/8 spindle gouge, guess I need to buy a few more tools Not quite as nice as some of the ones you showed me but I'm making progress [)]

    (same pen different sides)
    \"will trade this sig space for lumber\"
  • Chuck C
    Established Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 430
    • USA.

    #2
    Hi Peter, Very nice looking pen. I'm sure your mom will like it just cause it's homemade from you. And I still like your photography. I use the 3/8 spindle gouge alot.
    Chuck C

    If the skipper heard you call that deck a floor he would throw you through that little round window

    Comment

    • leehljp
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • 8803
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

      #3
      Great looking pen! Beautiful wood!
      Hank Lee

      Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

      Comment

      • GeekMom
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2004
        • 752
        • Bonney Lake, WA.
        • Shopsmith Mark V

        #4
        Nice job on the pen, Peter. You chose some great wood!
        Karen
        <><

        Comment

        • Ken Massingale
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • 3862
          • Liberty, SC, USA.
          • Ridgid TS3650

          #5
          Great work, Peter. Care to share your photography method?
          ken

          Comment

          • BostonBullit
            Established Member
            • Dec 2003
            • 255
            • Medway, MA, USA.

            #6
            thanks guys! I've been shooting photos for a lot longer than I've been turning pens, or doing any woodworking for that matter, and it's nice to be able to bring the two hobbies together every once in a while.

            here's a pic of my "pen shooting setup" [)]


            I had the "studio" setup in the finished basement to shoot some bike frames for my friends at Evil Bikes so I just walked in and tossed the pen on the backdrop and snapped a couple quick shots. I actually used the on camera flash to light most of the pen shot, but the studio strobes were going off because I was too lazy to shut them all off [:I].

            next time I make a pen or something else small I'll take a pic using nothing but more common gear (point and shoot digital, a piece of white paper, etc) and post a shot of that setup for ya'll...you really can get great quality photos of your work with just a little knowledge of basic lighting!

            Peter
            \"will trade this sig space for lumber\"

            Comment

            • Whaler
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • 3281
              • Sequim, WA, USA.
              • DW746

              #7
              Great job on both the pens and the pictures.
              Dick

              http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

              Comment

              Working...