Mesquite Bottle Stopper

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 3281
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

    #1

    Mesquite Bottle Stopper

    Nothing fancy but I haven't had any real shop time in a couple weeks so here is what came out today.
    It's turned from West Texas Mesquite and finished with Behlen's Woodturners Finish.


    Dick

    http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/
  • leehljp
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • 8803
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

    #2
    Nice looking stopper. I haven't done a pen in a week and am getting withdrawals.

    For all who make things out of mesquite and hickory - that wouldn't work for me. I couldn't keep that out of the smoker.
    Hank Lee

    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

    Comment

    • Whaler
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • 3281
      • Sequim, WA, USA.
      • DW746

      #3
      Hank

      It smells good when you are turning it as well.
      Maybe I should try it with a dull gouge so that it smokes.
      Dick

      http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

      Comment

      • kwgeorge
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • 1419
        • Alvin, TX, USA.

        #4
        I have the same problem with Canary! I love the way it smells when I am turning it so I turn Alot of it!

        Comment

        • mudder
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2003
          • 1532
          • I live in a house
          • Delta 36-650

          #5
          Looks very nice.

          Comment

          • Doghouse
            Forum Newbie
            • Feb 2003
            • 79
            • VA.

            #6
            Dang, it is interesting who you meet on the different boards.

            Nice job on the stopper. Mesquite is nice to work with and the shavings cook up well also.

            Comment

            • GeekMom
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2004
              • 752
              • Bonney Lake, WA.
              • Shopsmith Mark V

              #7
              Nice job!
              Karen
              <><

              Comment

              • beep
                Forum Newbie
                • Jun 2003
                • 71
                • Renton, WA.

                #8
                Nice looking stopper.

                Evan.
                Evan.

                Comment

                Working...