Do you make or buy the box to gift a pen in?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radhak
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • Miramar, FL
    • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Do you make or buy the box to gift a pen in?

I saw and picked a couple of wooden boxes at Woodcraft the other day. Holds 1 pen, and costs around $4 each.

While these look great, I was wondering where do y'all get such boxes from, or do you make them in the shop? Of course I am supposing this would be needed for both selling or gifting, unless you have brighter ideas !
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle
  • BigguyZ
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I personally stick with the velvet or leather boxes from WC. For really really high end pens, you can get the wood boxes that have inserts that hold the pen firmly. Or a custom-made box made with the same design/ material as the pen. But that's on a $200+ pen.

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

I haven't jumped off onto that slope yet, but the beautiful pen Hank sent me was in a black velvet drawstring bag. I keep it in the nice bag when it's not in my pocket.
      Erik

Comment

• Whaler
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Sequim, WA, USA.
        • DW746

I use mostly the leather pouches from www.penturnersproducts.com, they are inexpensive and look real nice. For boxes The best price I have found is from
        www.laulauwood.com both sources give great service.
        Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

Working...