• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iceman61
    • Oct 2007
    • West TN
    • Bosch 4100-09

Woodturning Workshop

Do any of you watch Woodturning Workshop? It is hosted on PBS in my local area. This guy makes some amazing stuff on a lathe.

Today he did something I consider crazy & unsafe, but it came out without a hitch. He made a ball shaped ladle. In order to hollow out the ladle he made another piece to hold the ladle [picture a ball(ladle) & socket(ladle holder)] It was an interferance fit. He positioned the ladle in a spoke position from the socket & turned the lathe on. I was waiting for the ladle to come flying out at some point but it never did.

After he hollowed out the ladle, he popped it back out of the socket holder to sand & finish. He has some very interesting projects.
  • gerti
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
    • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

It's a fun show, I have been watching it for about a year now. Nice variety too. He usually is fairly safety conscious, but there are exceptions... And of course some projects do have an inherent danger, like winged bowls and what not.

Comment

• eezlock
      • Feb 2006
      • Charlotte,N.C.
      • BT3100

woodturning workshop

The Woodturning Workshop is hosted by Tim Yoder from Oklahoma. A good show,I like it, and don't always get to see it for whatever reason. Tim is a
      really good turner with some good projects that I may like to attempt at some time or the other.

Comment

• iceman61
        • Oct 2007
        • West TN
        • Bosch 4100-09

I dont currently have a lathe but his show makes me want to get one. That looks like one heck of a lathe he has.

Comment

Working...