Christmas turning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chuck C
    Established Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 430
    • USA.

    #1

    Christmas turning

    My son came in from the midwest for Christmas and one of his presents was my first turned slimline pen and pencil. It wasn't the best but it was the first and he appreciated it. The most fun was when we both worked together on a polaris pen and pencil set. We both had fun but I really enjoyed that. We both turned and both waxed and he kept the pen and pencil to bring back and brag. That made a nice christmas for both of us. I'll put some pictures up when I figure out how to do pictures here.
    Chuck C

    If the skipper heard you call that deck a floor he would throw you through that little round window
  • kwgeorge
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • 1419
    • Alvin, TX, USA.

    #2
    Yeah I bet that was a lot of fun. My youngest will turn a $20 piece of wood into the size of a thimble but he is very proud of what he made so it’s all ok.

    Comment

    • CrashResq
      Established Member
      • Apr 2003
      • 199
      • Okmulgee, OK, USA
      • Ryobi BT3100

      #3
      My 15 y/o daughter has been playing on the lathe a little bit, but she discovered the scroll saw and some intarsia books at woodcraft... we'll see what happens!
      Bill (in OK)

      Comment

      • mudder
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2003
        • 1532
        • I live in a house
        • Delta 36-650

        #4
        quote:Originally posted by CrashResq

        My 15 y/o daughter has been playing on the lathe a little bit, but she discovered the scroll saw and some intarsia books at woodcraft... we'll see what happens!
        Keep her interested, It's a nice way to relax. I have a scroll saw but I got bit so hard by the turning bug it sits under the bench.

        Mudder

        Comment

        Working...