• Show
Clear All
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

A Bocote Zen

In turning this one today I tried a few new things. I drilled the blank on the lathe, I turned between centers with no mandrel and it is my first try at a BLO/CA finish. I'm happy with the results.
    The blank is a diagonal cut from Woodcraft and the kit is from CSUSA.
    Attached Files
    Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

No turning back for you now, Dick. Once you start turning C2C, your mandrels will gather cobwebs. Find "johnnycnc" over at the IAP website (or his business site here) for the absolute best C2C bushings... They are high-grade abrasion-resistant steel with 60-deg. countersinks. You won't be sorry.

One thing about BLO/CA... It will darken light woods a bit more than CA alone, but it's a good trade-off for workability.

Comment

• Whaler
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Sequim, WA, USA.
      • DW746

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
      No turning back for you now, Dick. Once you start turning C2C, your mandrels will gather cobwebs. Find "johnnycnc" over at the IAP website (or his business site here) for the absolute best C2C bushings... They are high-grade abrasion-resistant steel with 60-deg. countersinks. You won't be sorry.

One thing about BLO/CA... It will darken light woods a bit more than CA alone, but it's a good trade-off for workability.

Thanks for the tip I just ordered some bushings.
      Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• MikeMcM1956
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2008
        • Sugar Land, TX
        • BT3100 & 1950 Delta Unisaw

Johnny's not cheap, but his stuff is top-notch and worth every penny. When you register at his website, put IAP in the referral box. In a day or two you'll be set up in the system and get an 8.5% discount when you checkout. Covers the shipping and a little more....

Mike

Comment

Working...