• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maax
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2003
    • Yakima, Washington, USA.

Went to WoodCraft

Drove over to Seattle area for Thanksgiving and on the way home the next day we hit the WoodCraft store. Picked up the Nova Midi, a square scrapper, a bottle stopper kit, double sided tape, some extra brass tubes for pens and some squares of burl for the stoppers and video on box turning. Two hundred and fifty bucks later we headed home to Yakima. I had one of the cheaper chucks from PSI, what a difference in machining and detail. Haven't turned with the new chuck but its a big step up in quality from what I can tell.
  • Scottydont
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Edmonds, WA, USA.
    • Delta Industrial Hybrid

You should enjoy that chuck. If you ever get the chance try to Woodcraft in Portland. Much nicer than our local store. I gave wine stoppers for gifts last year. Very addictive. I am sure there is a twelve step program for woodturners. If an intervention is needed I would be happy to help by taking any woodturning stuff off of your hands.
    Scott
    "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

Edmonds WA

No coffee, no worky!

Comment

• Whaler
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Sequim, WA, USA.
      • DW746

Maax

I was in the Seattle Woodcraft on Friday as well. We need BT3 caps so we can recognize forum members. Sorry we didn't run into each other.
      I got away cheap I only left $84.00 behind.

Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• Maax
        Forum Newbie
        • Oct 2003
        • Yakima, Washington, USA.

Scott,
        Thanks for being there for me if I need the intervention, you the man!Think I'll give it a little more time, however my wife might be thinking I need some help about now.
        Whaler, Sorry I missed ya, as you live around the area I grew up in and your right about the hats. Would be great to touch base with others that live in the Northwest. I"ll possibly give some warning before I go next time just in case somebody else has simular plans.
        Tried the chuck....SWEET!

Comment

Working...