• Show
Clear All
  • Russianwolf
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
    • One of them there Toy saws

shaking off the dust

So I went and did some shop cleaning this weekend and then Patrick (Siliconbauhhouse) stopped in to pick up some stuff he paid for about 6 months ago. Great seeing ya again Patrick. Then I got back to the lather and finished these over the next two days and I have about 20 more glued up for the coming week.

1 My own Blizzard Blank on a Platinum Euro Fountain (the blank has a slight swirl/marbling that's really nice instead of pure white.
    2 A Blue and Black Swirl on a Chrome Cigar
    3 Cherry Burl on Two-tone Ti Gold Cigar
    4 Irish Bog Oak on a Two-tone Paltinum Cigar
    5 Cocobolo on a Chrome Cigar
    6 Osage Orange on a Chrome Cigar (the lower blank cracked in half but I couldn;t throw it out, the cracks are still visable ;(
    7 Rosewood Burl that the seller described as So-So ( I want more of this crap.) on a Two-tone Ti Gold Cigar
    8 My own Clemson Chaos blank on a chrome Slim. Very appropriate given Clemson 3-3 start to a very anticipated season.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Russianwolf; 10-13-2008, 10:32 PM.
    Mike
    Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Nice looking pens. I really like the Bog Oak and would like to get sometime. I am looking at getting to bigger fancier pens and fountain pens when I buy my next batch of kits. Right now my 2 favorite woods are Rosewood and Desert Ironwood.
    I had to give up turning for a week or so, I messed up my shoulder back in August playing Wii with the grandkids and have been reagravaiting it with other thing I have been doing and have done a lot of turning so I am taking 10 off of everything like woodworking, cars, painting and giving it a rest and it seem to be working. Did you get that so so Rosewood Burl from Nolan?

Tom
    Last edited by TB Roye; 10-14-2008, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Nice work, Mike... I really like how that RW burl turned out.

Looks like Clemson is gonna open a new can o' coaches, so the chaos continues...

Comment

• bigstick509
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Macomb, MI, USA.
        • BT3100

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• gad5264
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2005
          • Columbus, Ohio, USA
          • BT3000/BT3100NIB

Very nice Mike
          Grant
          "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

Comment

• Russianwolf
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Martinsburg, WV, USA.

Tom, yep the RW Burl came from our old pal Nolan. Disgusting some of the stuff he pawns off on us isn't it. What's even worse is that the pic doesn't show the depth and chatoyance of the wood nearly enough. I did have to fill two little spots on the upper blank, but you can barely notice them now. Heck, I might be the only one who could figure them out now.

Uncle, Yeah I'm usually disappointed with Clemson fans and how quickly they will fire a coach (I thought Tommy Hill was doing okay but they booted him after only 4 years, how's a coach supposed to make much headway with that attitude) but they've given Bowden Jr. 10 years and with a loaded offense and reliable defense he's still finding ways to mismanage it. I think he'll be gone this season. The only question is who to replace him with. I don't think they can throw enough money at him to get Saban to switch. Maybe Wake Forests coach, he does great things with less talent maybe with a boat load of talent he could do the impossible.
            Mike
            Lakota's Dad

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
              The Full Monte
              • May 2007
              • Sunshine State
              • BT3000

Originally posted by Russianwolf
              ...but they've given Bowden Jr. 10 years and with a loaded offense and reliable defense he's still finding ways to mismanage it. I think he'll be gone this season.
              He already is... They canned him yesterday. Kiffen is available.

Comment

• TB Roye
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2004
                • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                • BT3100

Mike

Nolan lives about 45 min to an hour away and is part of our Nor Cal/Bay Area IAP chapter. I am thinking of taking a ride down one of these day just to see what he has. Truth be know I have gotten better blanks both wood and plastic and cheaper in price off the IAP site than I can get from the normal vendors. I have a hunk of Rosewood Burl that I am trying to decide wether to cut it up into pen blanks or into 2 or 3 bottle stoppers.

Tom

Comment

• Whaler
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Sequim, WA, USA.
                  • DW746

Beautiful pens Mike. I love that Rosewood burl.
                  Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• Russianwolf
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
                    He already is... They canned him yesterday. Kiffen is available.
                    Wow! I just mentioned to LOML on Sat. that I'd wouldn't be surprised to see him canned by the end of the season, but I didn't think they'd do it that fast.

I'd love to see the big defensive guys come back to Clemson. The William Perry's who pick up RB's carry them back 5 yards and slam them to the ground. You know Bigguns.
                    Mike
                    Lakota's Dad

Comment

• Russianwolf
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2004
                      • Martinsburg, WV, USA.

Originally posted by TB Roye
                      Mike

Nolan lives about 45 min to an hour away and is part of our Nor Cal/Bay Area IAP chapter. I am thinking of taking a ride down one of these day just to see what he has. Truth be know I have gotten better blanks both wood and plastic and cheaper in price off the IAP site than I can get from the normal vendors. I have a hunk of Rosewood Burl that I am trying to decide wether to cut it up into pen blanks or into 2 or 3 bottle stoppers.

Tom
                      He definitely has some nice stuff (I'm talking to him about some antler right now). But I do get my hands on one thing that he can't (or at least doesn't) and that's the IBO I've got about $1000 worth in the shop right now and I'll be ordering another box next month I think.

Unless I'm looking for something very specific that no one on IAP has, then I buy from them. Big Rob has some nice wood too.
                      Mike
                      Lakota's Dad

Comment

Working...