X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autiger1
    • Jan 2003
    • Tampa, Florida, USA.

Jet Mini Lathe Stand Casters???

Does anyone know the size of the thread of the levelers on the jet mini lathe stand? I would like to remove the levelers and install a threaded caster...has anyone done this? Source for the right sized caster?

Thanks!
    Tom
  • Kurt in NW GA
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2005

Tom,

These are a great smooth rolling caster with locks for both the swivel and the wheel (though you can expect a small amount of play in the swivel lock) at a very fair price.
    HartvilleTool.com is now HartvilleHardware.com! Same company, same service, same brands, but much bigger selection

I have a set of these on my top-heavy, narrow based, floor standing drill press. If your floor is smooth and clear of debris, these glide across with no fear of tipping.
    I've bought 12 of these so far. One of them acted as if it had dents in one of the bearing races. I emailed Hartville and the replaced it with no questions asked.

I don't know the size of the threads in the stand, but it may make more sense to drill out the hole, if needed and use washer, lockwasher, and nut inside of the base.

Comment

Working...