• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mater
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • SC, USA.

Bought a new lathe.

I finally got around to buying a bigger lathe. I went to Woodcraft yesterday and bought the Jet 14" x 42" and a Supernova 2 chuck. The lathe was on sale for $799.99. It will be a nice addition to my Jet mini. Now to find the perfect spot in my shop for it.
    Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den
  • gerti
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
    • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

Congratulations, nice lathe and chuck! I am sure you will find (or make) a spot for it...

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
      Veteran Member
      • May 2005
      • IL, USA.
      • DELTA 36-675

Congrats on the new lathe!! I was just looking at that same lathe today at Woodcraft in Palatine, Il. At the backroom there was a turning class going on. As I was watching them, I come to wonder if any of the students were BT3 members. I wanted to yell out, any BT3 members in the house??? My wife was with me and I knew she would have smacked me if I did Anyway, congrats on the new lathe!!
      Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Congratulations on the lathe. It should be fun. I have been turning pens off and on and will soon start on a few bowls.

Show us some of your work!
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Whaler
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Sequim, WA, USA.
          • DW746

That will be a nice addition to the shop.
          Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• Holbren
            • Oct 2004
            • Heathrow, FL.

Did they give you the JET 10% off deal? If you didn't know about it I'm sure they didn't offer it up.
            Brian
            Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
            "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
            www.holbren.com

Comment

• Tom Hintz
              • Feb 2004
              • Concord, NC, USA.

Mater,
              Congrats on the lathe!
              It does my heart good to see other people sinking into the turning abyss! At least it makes me feel better about my own additction to this "round everything in sight" state of mind!
              Have fun!
              Tom Hintz
              NewWoodworker.com LLC

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Liberty, SC, USA.
                • Ridgid TS3650

Congrats, Ken. I know you put a smile on Paul at Woodcrafts face too!
                ;-D
                You gonna paint it Ridgid grey so it'll match the decor of your 'Den'?
                ken

Comment

• mater
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • SC, USA.

Originally posted by Holbren
                  Did they give you the JET 10% off deal? If you didn't know about it I'm sure they didn't offer it up.
                  They did give me the Jet 10% off deal. It was on sale for $888.88 and with the Jet deal it was $799.99. They didn't let me use my birthday card on it though.
                  Ken aka "mater"

Ken's Den

Comment

• mater
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • SC, USA.

Originally posted by Ken Massingale
                    Congrats, Ken. I know you put a smile on Paul at Woodcrafts face too!
                    ;-D
                    You gonna paint it Ridgid grey so it'll match the decor of your 'Den'?
                    ken
                    Paul was smiling Ken. He had sold 3 of them Sat. I told him I could get the Supernova2 with the 3" jaws for the same price he was charging me for the one with 2" jaws so he said he would get me the 3" jaws at no charge. All in all I thought it was a good deal. He & Brenda was having a fit over my grandson so that may have mellowed him some.
                    Ken aka "mater"

Ken's Den

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Liberty, SC, USA.
                      • Ridgid TS3650

'He & Brenda was having a fit over my grandson so that may have mellowed him some.'

Hey Ken, can I borrow your grandson next time I go to WC? Mine is at the PITA stage and I'd have to pay double if I took him. Still love him, but geeze can he get into trouble! ;-D
                      k

Comment

• mater
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2004
                        • SC, USA.

Picked up my lathe

Woodcraft called and said my lathe was in so I picked it up Thursday. The guys there was telling me to get plenty of help to unload it as it was heavy. I got home and backed up to my shop and reached for the box with the legs and pulled on it and it didn't move. I called my SIL and asked him to stop by after work and help me unload it. I told him we need to be careful as it was heavy. He reached for the box with the legs and picked it up and set it on the ground and slid it in the shop. He then grabbed the pallet the other was on and slid it off my truck and walked it into the shop. He said he would stop by today and help me set it up. I didn't argue.
                        Ken aka "mater"

Ken's Den

Comment

• kyle.w
                          Established Member
                          • Nov 2005
                          • paw paw, mi, USA.
                          • GI 50-185M

my grandpa and i where working on a lathe for me it looks good now. in had a bought a 1/4" of rust on it. lol now it looks as good as new. the best part it was free.

Comment

Working...