First turnings

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hitekrednek
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • 260
    • Ft Worth, TX, USA.
    • BT3100

    #1

    First turnings

    These are the second and third pens that I've turned and the first attempt at a CA finish on the Padauk. That being said, they are also the second and third items that I have ever turned. Comments are welcome and appreciated.
    Oh, and the other thing is that I turned these on a drill press.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Padauk and Maple.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	788719
    I can only please one person a day ........

    Hugh C.
  • jdoolitt
    Established Member
    • Jun 2004
    • 124
    • .

    #2
    Great job! On a drill press too? Excellent...

    Joe < heading out to shop to show your picture to my lathe and yell at it>

    Comment

    • leehljp
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • 8803
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

      #3
      Nice looking pens. Good finish too! I love Padauk. I just wish they would not darken with age.
      Hank Lee

      Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

      Comment

      • monte
        ***** Windbag
        • Dec 2002
        • 5242
        • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
        • GI 50-185M

        #4
        Great looking pens!
        Monte (another darksider)
        Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

        http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

        Comment

        • mater
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • 4197
          • SC, USA.

          #5
          Those are very nice.
          Ken aka "mater"

          " People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

          Ken's Den

          Comment

          • Scottydont
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2003
            • 2359
            • Edmonds, WA, USA.
            • Delta Industrial Hybrid

            #6
            Very nice! The very first pen I turned I gave to my wife. Ever since then she is my best salesperson. I have made it a policy to give her the first one of any new style I turn. She doesn't complain about me buying woodturning stuff. (I am on my third lathe.)
            Scott
            "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

            Edmonds WA

            No coffee, no worky!

            Comment

            • Whaler
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • 3281
              • Sequim, WA, USA.
              • DW746

              #7
              Nice work, keep it up.
              Dick

              http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

              Comment

              • Stan
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2004
                • 966
                • Kalispell, MT, USA.
                • BT3100, Delta 36-717

                #8
                Great looking pens. Gotta get a kit or two and try that one of these days (when I have some free time of course).
                From the NW corner of Montana.
                http://www.elksigndesigns.com

                Comment

                Working...