• Show
Clear All
  • Scottydont
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Edmonds, WA, USA.
    • Delta Industrial Hybrid

Multi wheel buffing shaft

Hi gang. I have not been around too much but I wanted to share a great lathe utility and bargain with you woodturners. Peter on penturners.org has been making and selling a buffing mandrel/shaft that accomodates up to three buffing wheels on the same shaft. I put tripoli on one, white diamond on the second, and Carnuba on the third. I makes quick work out of polishing up pens, wine stoppers and small boxes and the like. I am very pleased with mine and I wanted to share it with you.

Here's a pic

Here a link to his post
    http://www.penturners.org/forum/topi...TOPIC_ID=12951
    Scott
    "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

Edmonds WA

No coffee, no worky!
  • kwgeorge
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Alvin, TX, USA.

That’s pretty cool Scott. I bought the Wood’N’Things buffing system and been using that ever since. I use it a lot and I think yours is a nice alternative.

Comment

• guycox
      Established Member
      • Dec 2003
      • Romulak, VA, USA.

Woodcraft Stationary Buffing Parts -- no Left Handed Parts

In the latet woodcraft catalog they have the shaft pullies and pillow block to make a stationary buffer or to run it off a jack shaft on the lathe -- the shaft is threaded on both ends but they only sell the pieces to hang off the right side .. -- anyone got a pointer for some compatible pieces for the LHS?

== I'm running a plain shaft 5/8" arbor so I can't use the MT one that stated this thread.
      Guy Cox

Life isn\'t like a box of chocolates...it\'s more like a jar of jalapenos.
      What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.

Comment

• tribalwind
        • Feb 2004
        • long island, ny.

i need one a them
        got to use a pretty awesome chisel honing system on an artists retreat once.
        what it was is 3 "mandrels" atached to a sort of small scaffold frame with multiple mdf wheels on it of different widths and diameters,attached to these wheels were varying grades of sandpaper,emery cloth, and leather strops with different polishing/honing abrasive pastes.spun by a motor and belts with a mdf step-pulley system to give even more speed variations. the whole thing was mounted to a plywood base and was maybe 3'lx2w'x2'h, one of these days i REALLY want to make that contraption!!
        the guy that had it was a professional carver in NJ and got the plans from a canadian carver.
        namaste, matthew http://www.tribalwind.com

Comment

Working...