Chisel sharpening jig for OSB sander

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tom Miller
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • 2507
    • Twin Cities, MN
    • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

    #1

    Chisel sharpening jig for OSB sander

    I posted this some time ago (before the photo server crash), and thought I'd repost it after getting a request for the picture.

    The jig has fixed 25 degree and 30 degree positions, though it could easily be made adjustable. The ply pieces are attached to an mdf base that is clamped to the OSB sander table.

    At some point, I intend to put a runner on the bottom to fit into the miter slot of the OSB table. This would help to make the sharpening angle more reproducible.




    Regards,
    Tom
  • final_t
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • 1626
    • .

    #2
    Ah, thanks! I was trying to do this myself Saturday, didn't get it very good. Did find out that it's best to take light touches, since it's easy to overheat the metal.

    Comment

    • monte
      ***** Windbag
      • Dec 2002
      • 5242
      • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
      • GI 50-185M

      #3
      Looks good Tom. Very good idea too.
      Monte (another darksider)
      Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

      http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

      Comment

      Working...