• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Portable Bandsaw Stand

I have a HF (Bauer brand) compact/portable metal bandsaw and have used it enough to know that I need a stand. I haven't used the metal bandsaw as much as I thought I would, but it has been very helpful the times I needed it. I have looked for a stand for it on a couple of occasions over the past couple of years and they (stands for portable BS) are expensive, and cost as much as a good name brand portable metal bandsaw. $300-$400. The stand I found on Amazon looks exactly like the HF one below.

Bauer portable BS: https://www.harborfreight.com/10-amp...saw-64194.html

I noticed a stand in HF a few months ago but didn't need it then. Then I was in HF this week (the first day I was released by surgeon to drive) and saw the BS stand again at $119.99, and I had a 15% off coupon. While in the hospital and in rehab, I have had lots of time to think of the projects I want to do and one will require some metal cutting.

This stand's version allows it to be either as a chop down cut or as a stand up with a small table.

I bought one and got it home, and LOML jumped all over me. It weighed about 30 lbs and my heart surgeon limited me to 10 lbs until the end of March. I was so happy with my "present" and now I can't use it for 6 or so weeks. It is sitting in my shop, unopened and just waiting.

Anyone else have one or use one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	858006 Click image for larger version

Views:	139
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	858008 Click image for larger version

Views:	143
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	858010
    Attached Files
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • mpc
    • Feb 2005
    • Cypress, CA, USA.
    • BT3000 orig 13amp model

Wouldn't somebody jumping all over you do more harm than lifting 30 pounds?

I don't have that type of stand. I do have a portable bandsaw - the Ridgid cordless one - that is quite handy. I also have the DVR motor upgrade on my Rikon 14 inch bandsaw that gives it variable speeds so it can be used for metal cutting with the right blade. And I've used it a few times for that - REALLY nice. Once you get a chance to use the setup you just purchased I think you'll find even more uses for it. One of the first things I cut with my Rikon setup was a riving knife for the BT3 using the diagram Lee graciously donated to the community long ago. With your saw mounted vertically it works like a scroll saw without the vibration of up-n-down blade motions. FAR more comfortable to use when cutting metal, especially thin metals. I've probably made a couple dozen metal angle brackets for various things simply because it is so much easier compared to using a hacksaw. The vertical setup will be handy for some woodworking too such as the initial cuts to make dovetails.

mpc

Comment

• Slik Geek
      • Dec 2006
      • Lake County, Illinois
      • Ryobi BT-3000

I haven't used one.
      I'm just thankful that you are recovering! Please listen to the wife on this! You don't want to injure your bone healing by lifting too much weight. You would regret that dearly. My neighbor had the same surgery about the same time you did, and I've been tracking his progress closely.

Comment

Working...