• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Bilt Hard 12" Variable speed benchtop drill press Depth Stop collar

So not paying attention, and leaning my fat behind into the handle I overpowered the depth stop on my Bilt Hard 12" Variable speed bench top drill press. Of course Bilt Hard as a tool company has high tailed it just like Sunhill did as well as many others. The Bilt Hard thankfully is just another rebrand of a fairly generic Chinese drill press, and MANY other rebrandings of this same drill press with different paint are on the market. Including the Wen 4214. I tried looking it up on the Wen website no luck, but called them instead and sure enough they were able to source up up for me no problem...

The new piece came in yesterday but I was kind of swamped so didn't futz with it until today, the swap was a direct bolt on, set the scale to zero, and tighten the screw up and done.

Honestly any of these die cast metal pieces are going to be like this, and given my not exactly minimal mass I am sure I was putting way more force on it than I should have...

You don't have to pay a lot, you just have to pay attention!

Thanks go out to Wen parts, I know this wasn't their unit to provide parts for, but they really stepped up to the plate and got me what I needed to keep going...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...