X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roldogg
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2019

Jet 14sfx wheel removal

Does anyone own this bandsaw? If so, does anyone know how to remove the bottom wheel? I’m trying to put new tires on the wheels, but I can’t figure out how to get the lower wheel off. I’ve looked everywhere online, but nowhere have I found someone who discusses removing the bottom wheel nor instructions from Jet about how to remove the bottom wheel. I’ve found tons of info about many other Jet models, but from my experience since buying it, it’s made completely different from all their other bandsaws. ****, it took me 2 months and 5 different orders before finding an insert that fit the table. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

I don't have a Jet, so my question is - what is preventing you from taking the old tire off and adding a new one without taking the wheel off? I just did this on my Grizzly 14" and didn't take the wheel off. In general, the wheel should not need to come off in order to replace the tires. It does take a clamp or two to hold the tire on one side and then on as far as you can get it by hand, clamping there and using the round portion of a screw driver shaft to run it around onto the tire. Have you ever operated a tire mounting machine or manual tire iron to get a tire onto a rim? It is the same principle, just a different size.

Here is a Google link to YouTube for replacing tires: https://www.google.com/search?source...4dUDCAw&uact=5
    Last edited by leehljp; 01-15-2021, 10:09 PM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...