• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lago
    Established Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Lago Vista, TX.

Need spring for Woodcraft HVLP sprayer

I finished my painting job and took the sprayer apart for cleaning. Somehow, I must have dropped the spring when I was moving from one table to another. I dropped it once before, but fortunately I found it. I recall reading in a forum where it mentioned a place where springs such as this were available, I don't remember if it ws a woodworking forum or shooting forum. I do have a new ejector spring for my rossi rifle but it looks like it is too big.

I am hoping to find a local source instead of going online. I checked with Woodcraft but they did not have any suggestions.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Lago
  • d_meister
    Established Member
    • Feb 2009
    • La Conner, WA.
    • BT3000

Surprisingly, Home Depot has a very useful spring assortment package in the hardware section,
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-...3554/203133714
    Also, Ace Hardware has individual springs of many sizes in their hardware drawers.

Comment

• woodturner
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2008
      • Western Pennsylvania
      • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by lago
      I finished my painting job and took the sprayer apart for cleaning. Somehow, I must have dropped the spring when I was moving from one table to another.
      I would try to get the exact replacement, another spring of the same size but different strength likely won't work well. http://www.ereplacementparts.com has replacement springs for many HVLP sprayers for a couple bucks, maybe you can find it there.

--------------------------------------------------
      Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by woodturner
        I would try to get the exact replacement, another spring of the same size but different strength likely won't work well. http://www.ereplacementparts.com has replacement springs for many HVLP sprayers for a couple bucks, maybe you can find it there.
        I have had very good service from ereplacementparts.com. I have ordered parts for a Makita saw, Ryobi weedeater, washing machine (I think) and something else in this year alone.

Just as a note from experience: When looking for parts for different items (or just ordering) do a "complaints" search on the company you are planning on ordering from. A few complaints are normal; but a web sited of complaints will let you know how they really are. I got taken (got my items but weeks later than promised while showing in stock) when I was overseas and had an American washer. I learned to check companies after that.

Having said that caution, I have had great experience with ereplacement - quick delivery at reasonable costs for parts mentioned above.
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• lago
          Established Member
          • Nov 2003
          • Lago Vista, TX.

I found some springs at my local independent hardware store that will work. They fit fine and have enough spring to push the needle closed.

Lago

Comment

Working...