• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

All sold out although not quite sure I am ready to drop $180 on a plane right now, even for a Veritas. I do have a No 6 Stanley it needs some TLC but it works pretty well for rough work.

Originally posted by dtam
    The Veritas #6 is now on sale for $179 (reg $269):
    http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/pag...at=900132&ap=1
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• poolhound
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • BT3100

Aye, Aye Cap'n. I'm with you. Some of my tools belonged to my grandfather (and father) and that means a lot to me. I also get a kick out of restoring older stuff. I will keep hunting for a No 7 but I am in no hurry.

Originally posted by capncarl
      I used my old #6 Stanley last night to finish the tapers on the 4x4 antique heart pine legs for my wife's dining room table, Christmas present. My shoulders are so sore I am afraid I can't feed myself, didn't know I was that out of shape. Use of this tool could easily replace a gym membership! The new planes are a work of art, great machine work, a thing of beauty, but the old Stanley's can still be had for around $25-$50 and have been doing a great job for over 100 years. I like the fact that the tool I am using was used by someone as old as my grandfather and I have been able to save it from the scrap pile or rusting away in the back of an old shed.
      capncarl
      Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
      techzibits.com

Comment

Working...